Bell's The Oracle Double IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moody_Copperpot

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this beer? I had it last night and it's damn good! It's almost got a blueberry nose to it, but the flavor is fantastic. It's like a more drinkable 120 minute almost. If you see it, I would recommend picking it up!

Yeah, I've had it. A friend brought a six pack back from the brewery. I would say that it's good, but not great. B+ maybe. Two Hearted and Hopslam are both better. I love hops though, so I'm always happy to see another hoppy brew from a good brewery.

I picked up a couple bottles of The Oracle the other day and just cracked one open. Absolutely delicious. I so enjoy drinking a DIPA that isn't hop-bursted to within an inch of it's life. This is thoroughly dry-hopped, but not to the exclusion of bittering. The aroma immediately after pouring was full of layers of fruit ranging from citrus to dark berries - partly from the hops, but also from the caramelly malts. The bitterness comes through cleanly and crisply hitting different parts of the tongue, but is balanced with the richness of the malt and alcohol. A veritable symphony of flavor and aroma, as some wine people might be prone to say.

In other words, I like it. Two Hearted is great, but it isn't as tasty as this beer. I haven't had Hopslam, but I'm going to try to catch one this coming January since I'm back living in Michigan.

Never had Pliny. And I can still sleep at night. So, I'm happy with actually enjoying beer.

MisterTipsy said:
But this beer doesn't taste anything like Pliny, so it can be no better than just decent...right? ;)

Hahahahaha! Good point. Goodness, the hype...

Back