NEPA, SE NY, North Jersey - Feeler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cripplecreek

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm located in Scranton / NEPA aka Northeast PA. I'm looking to setup a group buy and want to gauge interest. The buy could service anyone from NEPA, South East New York, Northern New Jersey. Delivery would be to Scranton. For reference, I'm an hour north of Allentown, an hour south of Binghampton, 2 Hours north of Philly and 2 hours west of NYC. We'd need 42 sacs for a pallet.
Let me know if you're interested.

THANKS!

That's like a five hour for me...the extra 6 per pallet for delivery here would be more than worth the gas spent to 'Cuse...Thanks though

That's like a five hour for me...the extra 6 per pallet for delivery here would be more than worth the gas spent to 'Cuse...Thanks though

Yeah, I feel the same way about it.

Glad to see you're in on this. Hopefully we get a few more to make this happen.

I live in Binghamton and I could potentially take 2-3 sacks. Since I'd need to make a drive, just wondering what I'd expect to save. I currently get my grain at my LHBS for $60-70 for 50 or 55 pound sacks. Sounds like a great idea though.

I live in Binghamton and I could potentially take 2-3 sacks. Since I'd need to make a drive, just wondering what I'd expect to save. I currently get my grain at my LHBS for $60-70 for 50 or 55 pound sacks. Sounds like a great idea though.

You have about an hour drive from Binghamton...a sack of 2-row from Country Malt is about $30 if you are using the second tier pricing, so your savings can possibly be significant...

I'm In for a bunch if you can get it together.
I wish this would work out, Tired of internet buying!

You guys can get in with me if NEPA falls through, we currently buy through Reading/Allentown, if you wouldn't mind driving to Pottsville I can get your grain and bring home with me....

I'm in Milford pa.....and have been doing group buys in northern nj and New York. I'm all in for Scranton and could assist in moving some sacks closer to the tri-state area if that helped. I buy maybe 6 sacks a year.....

I'm located east of Williamsport, pa. I would be interested in 3 sacks of grain at the least.

I'm in NE PA also, right where NY NJ and PA meet, would definitely be down for this and could help distribute in my area, willing to drive to Scranton for pickup.

You need an account set up with NCM. I think it's tough to do now days. I think the buys I have participated in the organizer had an account from a while back.

I know if you have access to a loading dock the freight is considerably less.

If you do a search on here you will see threads about NCM changing their policy on non wholesale buys, in that they have raised their prices.

I'm in Sussex County, NJ. I would be in for 2-5 sacks, depending on variety available and pricing.

I've been following along with the closure of the South Jersey group buys. I think this is a challenging time to spin this up, but I fully support the effort!

I'm in Sussex County, NJ. I would be in for 2-5 sacks, depending on variety available and pricing.

I've been following along with the closure of the South Jersey group buys. I think this is a challenging time to spin this up, but I fully support the effort!

Same here. I'm in Sussex, NJ. I've been waiting to jump on the one in south jersey as well. If this takes off I would be fully on board.

Try keystone in montgomeryville? Their sacks run about $1/lb I wonder what they would charge for a bulk order that could be picked up with two pick-up truck loads.

Brewbrothers called and they stated $400 to ship 40 bags of base malt at 29.50
As long as were shipping to a loading dock.... Looks like i gotta find one of those... Got a few ideas and people i can call

So were looking at 40 bucks a bag shipped.... Best deal i found thus far

He also stated we could mix and match

Let me know your thoughts

Back