Homebrewing clubs/events in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyleobie

Reaction score
Hey all, I started homebrewing this year in Chicago...and would like to meet some other homebrewers as well! Does anybody know if there are any clubs, etc, out there? I'm aware of the Chicago Beer Society, but this seems a little overwhelming for a newcomer.

I'm in the same situation dude. I'm going to join the Chicago Beer Society at some point, but I'm just not ready yet. I've only been brewing since February.

But, I did find this guy Ted's blog. He started something called the Chicago Northside Brewers Connection. I have not been to any events yet, but I guess they've met before, and even got a private tour of Half Acre Brewery (only a few blocks from my apartment).
Ted's Homebrew Journal: Northside Homebrewer's Connection

Also, I joined a meetup.com group for home brewers in Chicago. It actually disbanded the other day because the organizer moved. I never made it to an event, well, because there weren't any. But starting something like that would be a great way to meet fellow brewers.

Nice find! Let me know if you hear of anything. I'm surprised there isn't more going on in the city with regard to homebrewing. I'm trying to figure out how to meet fellow brewers myself. I'm in Wicker Park, by the way.

nothing i've seen in the city. there are some good clubs in the burbs

Back