I bought 55 lbs of hops today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
11 lbs ea. of Galena, Palisade, Mt. Hood, Glacier and Hallertau Tradition.

Now I need to go back to my recipe files and figure out how to adjust recipes for these varieties.

Any input or recipe suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I'll get some pictures soon. Until we get our walkin cooler installed, they're all in boxes being stored for us at an undisclosed location. ;)

Here they are in my walk in cooler.

StoneHops1.jpg

StoneHops2.jpg

Just kidding. I wish I had a walk in cooler. :D

Here they are in my walk in cooler.

StoneHops1.jpg

StoneHops2.jpg

Just kidding. I wish I had a walk in cooler. :D

holy ****....i almost believed that but then again how would use that in less than the 200 gal a year max? just kidding. :off:i wonder if they ever nail anyone on that

I did a tour at Bridgeport Brewery over the weekend at the AHA rally, and went in onsite hop storage fridge. WOW! I wish I brought my camera. Anyone that drinks the beer, sorry about the funny taste you will have, I got a little excited...

No really, it was amazing to see a 200 - 250 square foot room with so many hops that are ready to be used. Lots of pellets and bales of different varieties. They go through a room that big of hops in 1 week. I could not even guess on how many pounds where there, but if I remember correctly, in the hop back that they usef or their IPA, it will hold 150 pounds of hops and they make about 12 batches per week.

Back