Label Two - Fly Fishing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenspey

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a line of brews named with fly fishing themes, another of my passions. Any fellows enjoy FF and care to comment on my first attempt.

Thanks!

TheTakePorterLabel-1.jpg

very nice... try messing with the Beer's name's font in on the artwork to give some more contrast...

I'm a fellow flyfisherman, and I'll probably start this kinda theme as well...

Very nice label. Great work. I have been naming my best brews after my favourite local streams -- geeky (I know). :D

Here's another one. I changed the Take to describe my pale ale (more bite!) and this one to describe my smoother porter. So far I'm liking the theme.

SolitudeAmberAle.jpg

Dude-Awesome! I too make labels with a FlyFishing theme-I will post later These look very good

Tight Lines!

Nicely done. I am really starting to like this place. 2 of my favorite things. Beer and flyfishing.

Labels 2 and 3 both give me a headache trying to read. I'd try to find an easier to read font, other than that, the labels look beautiful!

bradsul said:
I so need trout season to get here. I froze my a$$ off steelheading this weekend and didn't catch a thing. :mad:

the Cutty's are running here!! we had a mediocre steelhead season here this year.

Oh, man! I so miss hitting sea-run cutties in Washington. It was a slow season for steelhead here, too. Of course, I'm not on the water nearly as much as I'd like to be anyway!

I saved the last two labels in a lower resolution. They're even hard to read on my screen. They look much clearer in print.

Tight lines all! Keep those loops sexy.

Terrific looking labels, the pictures are great! You've done well matching the photos with your brew names, the only thing I keep wondering is if something could be done to set the text apart from the pic some more.

I only wish I could be on the stream more, they days of being out there almost every night of the summer are gone :(

(Ausable river, MI)

Yeah, I'm thinking of placing the brewery name on a small scroll banner at the bottom of each pic, rather than overlaid onto the pic. I guess that I figure if someone is a flyfisher, then they'll take the time to notice detail. Maybe that's just me, but I know that my fishing is always better when I wait to wet my line and take notice of my surroundings, hatches, temperature, etc.

I live right near the McKenzie and Willamette rivers in Oregon, prime redside trout and steelhead waters. However, I've got three young children, one who is autistic, and the time on the water has diminished over the past two years. I hope to take my son out on the water to toss a line soon. :mug: It'll be awhile until he can enjoy a homebrew. :)

I bottle my IPA today or tomorrow, then lay the first labels down. I can hardly wait!

Tight lines,
Greenspey

Here's my fourth label. I have way too much time waiting for my IPA and Porter to age!! :) I seem to have a lot of fun making these labels.

I'm still working the copy on this last one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tight Lines,
Greenspey

Redsides-Label_web.jpg

Here's my fourth label. I have way too much time waiting for my IPA and Porter to age!! :) I seem to have a lot of fun making these labels.

I'm still working the copy on this last one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tight Lines,
Greenspey

Redsides-Label_web.jpg

I would like to talk to you about your label??

Nice labels. Makes me look forward to my upcoming Golden Trout Wilderness backpacking trip. Golden trout are small, but man are they beautiful. Been fly fishing for about fifteen years and finally feel like I'm getting the hang of it.

Back