Advice for installing draft tower on mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConcernedFisherman

Reaction score
I purchased an Igloo 4.6 cu ft mini fridge. It fits 2 kegs and the CO2 easily with the inside door shelving removed. I have been looking thru this forum and other sites for tips on installing a draft tower to the fridge. Most of the DIY projects show that the top of some mini-fridge's come off with screws on the back but this particular fridge looks to be all one piece and no separate top piece. Does anyone have any tips/advice on how to install this draft tower without having to drill first and risk puncturing a coolant line on top?

I purchased an Igloo 4.6 cu ft mini fridge. It fits 2 kegs and the CO2 easily with the inside door shelving removed. I have been looking thru this forum and other sites for tips on installing a draft tower to the fridge. Most of the DIY projects show that the top of some mini-fridge's come off with screws on the back but this particular fridge looks to be all one piece and no separate top piece. Does anyone have any tips/advice on how to install this draft tower without having to drill first and risk puncturing a coolant line on top?

Does the fridge have a plate in the back that houses the refrigerant lines? Or does it have a freezer compartment that freezes and provides the cold to the fridge?

My mini had a plate in the back of the fridge so I just took a 2inch hole saw and went right through the top, no problems.

If it has a freezer at the top you need to be careful running beer lines through it as they may freeze from what I have been told.

If you post a model number, or some pics that would also be helpful

Turn fridge on.Mix baking soda or flour,(cant remember which one) with water in a bowl,make a slurry.Pour a thin layer on the entire top of fridge.wait a bit and the lines will magically appear.Drill in between them..done It worked on my Sanyo mini fridge,maybe it will work on yours

Back