Refrigerator for two pin locks or sixtels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb1677

Reaction score
Seeking a compact refrigerator that can how two pin lock or two sixtels without breaking the bank. It seems most compact 4.x sized fridges are barely wide enough for two ball locks so pin lock is out.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Unfortunatly a full sized fridge won't fit where I need it to go. I suppose a freezer cold, but it seems cost prohibitive once temp control and such was added in.

Really was hoping to find a 200ish new fridge that could hold two kegs, off or both of which was a sixtel.

Hi

There are multiple sub $200 freezers that will hold two ball locks or two 1/6 kegs. The freezer is going to be a much easier thing to convert. It'll also use less energy. The controller is a $17 item (delivered from China) on eBay.

Bob

OK...I just measured my Sanyo 4910, WITHOUT the door liner, the usable space appears to be 18"W X 13"D. I measured two staggered sixtels and it appears they will barely fit. Additional width could also be achieved by shaving the interior ridges within the fridge if needed. It is tight!

I started with a sanyo as a kegerator, it did fit two staggered pin locks along with a 5lb co2 tank. I removed the door liner, replaced it with a piece of dry erase board and built a stand/shelf for the co2 bottle.

I think most of the common mini fridges, that most are converting will fit 2 pin locks with a little more modification. I had a GE I think 4.2cuft and 2 ball locks fit. I think of you cut a semicircle of foam out in a back corner of the hump and trimmed the shelf ridges on the sides and trimmed the door, 2 pin locks should fit.

Back