Oskar Blues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I dig them.

They can all of their beers.

Gordon is the bomb.

They have an Imperial Stout coming out soon--yes, in cans.

oskar%20blues%20ten%20fidy%20imperial%20stout.jpg

This is the until-now-draft-only imperial stout from Oskar Blues. As you know, we have quite an affinity for anything OB here at DrinkCraftBeer.com. I’m pretty psyched to see an imperial stout in a can… time to see how beer ages in cans I guess! Plus it’s going to be a sweet looking can! Label says:
Half Baked. Fully Roasted. Cross-eyed. Cyclopean. Cancupiscent.
10.5% abv
12 oz. can
UPDATE FROM OSKAR BLUES:
On Oct. 10 at 10:50 AM at our pub in Lyons, Oskar Blues will release the first cans of our highly acclaimed Ten FIDY Imperial Stout.

First brewed last year as our winter seasonal, it's a gentle-giant rendition of the style. Immensely malty and viscous, its hefty alcohol (10.5% ) and IBUs are buried under thick, comforting blankets of roasted flavor.

Like our other canned goods, Ten FIDY expands the definition of "canned beer."

We're canning up just 100 cases of Ten FIDY, and it will only be available for purchase at the brewpub. It'll be in fourpacks, a la our Gordon. For $10.50. Get here fast if you'd like some for your OBB stash, we expect these cans to go in a very short time.

And a shipment of Old Chub heading to Seattle
Denver 07 644.jpg

I agree Dude, great beer, great brewery. Looking forward to the Imperial Stout.

Oskar Blues rocks. Fine beers, best beer I ever had from a can.
teny fidy is out, but presently you can only pick the cans up at the brewery.

Are their beers expensive where you are? They have been really high here, prices have come down some (now on average with other micros).

I have had their pale ale from the can...I really do not like it for some reason.

Have had their Old Chub and Gordon on tap and like it very much.

orfy- an imperial stout is a "one glass" kind of thing, usually between 8 and 11% abv in my experience. Absolutely delicious, though.

The gordon is expensive, yes. 11 bucks for a 4 pack of cans. When I get it, it is a treat. That's a big beer though.

The rest aren't too bad, no different than say a sixxer of Stone or similar.

I didn't like Dale's at first, but I think it was old. Since then, it is a very good pale ale. It has a grainy flavor that is really unique.

Great pics 'topia!

orfy said:
I've never tried an imperial stout.

Is it a one glass thing or is it easy to drink?

You are doing yourself an injustice!!!

The American breweries are making some great IS beers. I know that doesn't help you very much, but maybe you can find something there. It is a perfect beer to sip on in front of a fire on a cold winter night.

orfy said:
I've never tried an imperial stout.

Is it a one glass thing or is it easy to drink?

I had Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout the other night. Very nice, not nearly as big as imperial stouts can be, but smooth and chocolately and very drinkable (I think it was around 7%). Kinda a bit on the sweet side; had some roast character, but wasn't acrid. I bet you can get a MUCH nicer example there, without it having to be transported thousands of miles.

That beer, too, I think would be absolutely wonderful on cask.

Had the Ten-Fidy on sunday after a mountain bike ride just outside of Lyons. It is pretty good, sort of inbetween the sweet imperial stouts (which I like-Sam Smith/Stone/etc) and the ashy-burnt bad tasting imperial stouts (i.e. Breckenridge Brewing). I liked it, but i wouldn't say it was my favorite Imp. Stout I have ever had, but it went well with my SILO burger (1/2lb cheeseburger with pulled pork and bacon on top with hot sauce). Also had their Leroy "one-nut" Brown which was a damn good brown.

Unfortunately, it was sunday so I couldn't buy a 4-pack to bring home...

I don't like Gordon that much, but the IPA market here is sort of overblown, so I think I might just be spoiled on the ones I totally love. Dale's is good, and Old Chub is awesome. I will definitely buy that one again. And if you're drinking from the can, you're doing it wrong. Always pour into a glass first. :)

Back