home brew supplies business plan help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Moose

Reaction score
We are considering opening a home brew beer & wine supply. I am just starting the business plan now. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone know how to find out the annual sales revenue per square foot of a brew supply store or, for that matter, estimating the rest of the financials required for a business plan (projected expenses) as I'm not having any luck asking current stores?

Check with your local SCORE chapter. I found they were very helpful when wife expanded her party store efforts.

Thank you for that suggestion. I actually just emailed them for a mentor yesterday.

We are considering opening a home brew beer & wine supply. I am just starting the business plan now. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone know how to find out the annual sales revenue per square foot of a brew supply store or, for that matter, estimating the rest of the financials required for a business plan (projected expenses) as I'm not having any luck asking current stores?

Know your market. Be intimately knowledgeable of other shops in the area and what you can provide that they don't. The better you understand the factors outside your control, the better you can manage what you can control.

Oh, and cash flow cash flow cash flow.

As for estimates, talk with banks/lenders. I can almost guarantee you that most homebrew shops have some form of bank financing.

Just wondering how you are making out with this venture. I am considering doing the same in Eastern Canada, where there are very few homebrew supply stores. In fact, there is nothing of the sort within a 200 km radius of my location.

breweries popping up everywhere. not that I'm complaining :mug:

but what the US really needs is more LHBSs.

I wish you all the luck in the world

Back