Wyeast stink bomb package ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssiimmoonn

Reaction score
Got the wyeast stink bomb package shipped to my moms house and when I got to it a week or so later it had been activated. Fully expanded and not refrigerated . Should I not mess with this and just get new yeast?

Open it and smell it before use. If it smells ok then use it.

Keep another yeast on hand just in case this one is bad.

Yeah figured it's not worth it to mess with it, probably get a new one, from northern brewer think they'll do anything for it being received activated?

Got the wyeast stink bomb package shipped to my moms house and when I got to it a week or so later it had been activated. Fully expanded and not refrigerated . Should I not mess with this and just get new yeast?

Yeah figured it's not worth it to mess with it, probably get a new one, from northern brewer think they'll do anything for it being received activated?

Knowing Northern Brewer, they probably would do something for you. The question is, is it really Northern Brewer's fault that it took you a "week or so" to get the yeast in the fridge?

Back