Beer Alchemy Recipe Swap (Mac)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolf

Reaction score
It would be great if we could swap some recipes to beef up our recipe databases. Is anybody interested?

Well, I have three recipes, and I like tweaking them, but I guess I would like a hefe, maybe a stout, definitely an IPA.

I have a Wit, an APA, and a Sam Summer clone.

I have some a good kolsch, hefe, APA, IIPA, Terrapin Rye clone recipes, and all the ones in my drop down. Any that flyangler18 did not supply you with?

That Independence Pale Ale is my own creation. I modified the recipe from my last batch, so let's call this V2.0.

hey seawolf! i tried to PM you about the Bluebird Bitter you have in your sig. Do you have a beer alchemy recipe for it? I'm drinking one right now......so good...

I'd post a couple of mine, but I have a problem with BA in that I can't find Extra Light DME (Munton's is what I use). I have asked Steve for help in getting that added as an ingredient, but I haven't heard back from him going on a week now.

You can just add it. I think Muntons puts the EBC right on the front. Extract 97%, Moisture 0 (this is what all the DME in BA has).

Extract 97%, Moisture 0 (this is what all the DME in BA has).
Actually, Light DME has 95% extract. But you're right on the SRM being on the bag, I remember this now. I'll just plug it in as 95%, as the Light DME is closest to Extra Light. If it's wrong, it's by a minuscule amount. :cross:

Thanks!

BTW, if I make a recipe with ingredients I create, and give someone else the recipe, does BA add the ingredients to their ingredients list?

BTW, if I make a recipe with ingredients I create, and give someone else the recipe, does BA add the ingredients to their ingredients list?

I think not. It will ask the person importing to match it to an ingredient in their list.

glad to have stumbled upon this BA recipe discussion. out of interest, has anyone successfully managed to write up a cider recipe in BA? whilst we have managed to happily brew the cider, we are having major issues in getting BA to understand what we are up to. it is just that BA is really designed for beer only, and so doesn't really know what to do with something like a cider?

i'm on a mission to brew the perfect (for me) ESB and porter. i've got a good, basic recipe for both, but am always up for more inspiration. anyone have tried and true AG recipes of either of those? i'm up for sharing anything I have too.

Back