Miller Lite Taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mateo

Reaction score
I rarely drink Miller Lite, but had one yesterday. I cannot figure out what ingredients the put in it to make it taste like that?

Is it a massive amount of corn? It almost does not taste like beer.

m.

I know someone who works at Miller's brewery and each batch is at least 50% cow urine... so that's probably why you think it's a corn flavor on account of the cows eating so much corn...

I know someone who works at Miller's brewery and each batch is at least 50% cow urine... so that's probably why you think it's a corn flavor on account of the cows eating so much corn...

+1 LMAO!! :ban:

damn.. that's some funny **** right there.

I'll have to tell my bf that next time he buys ML instead of BL.

The macro lagers use quite a bit of rice in their brews to lighten the body and flavor. It started during World War 2 because of the grain rationing I think. The **** tastes like corn and nickels though which confuses me. Maybe a lot of DMS in it? Bovine urine sounds plausible too though...mysteries of the modern food industry...

B-b-b-but it's TRIPLE HOPPED!!! :confused:

Hey now. It's "Triple Hops Brewed (tm)". This means it is even better than just Triple Hopped. It has triple-hops in it. And it is brewed, with those triple-hops in it. See... not confusing at all to your average consumer like me.

Let's be accurate here. It's Cow urine extract. Nothing wrong with extract of course. But in this case, the urine is extracted from the bladder of "Daisy the feces eating moo cow" When not working for Miller, daisy earns extra cash giving BJ's to sailors, and is famous for her penchant for swallowing.

The macro lagers use quite a bit of rice in their brews to lighten the body and flavor. It started during World War 2 because of the grain rationing I think.

Maureen Ogle discusses this in depth in "Ambitious Brew - The Story of American Beer." They use both rice and corn.

If I recall correctly, it started in the 1800s to make a lighter beer more akin to what German immigrants were used to. The 6-row available in the US at the time had a heavier, grainier taste than German pilsner malt.

Corn and rice cost more than barley at the time--using them was really a taste-oriented choice aimed at making a better beer, believe it or not.

and not everyone likes seafood or p#ssy either,
we have to face facts, it's cheap, and it tastes cheap to craft beer drinkers, the problem with our always ragging those guys is that the simple truth of the matter is that they make something that the masses want. like that white bread analogy, it stays fresh on a shelf for a week, not really bread, but its cheap!
the future is now though, with college age kids having so much selection, they wont grow up thinking thats the only kind of beer there is!

Here, Here! I'm young enough (barely) to be part of that crowd. My college days were split between those who thought Mickey's was "special", and those who thought spending less than $7.50/6pack was asinine.

Me? If I pay for "Lite" beer, it's Miller Lite. I think it carries some flavor. If I'm drinking for myself and enjoyment, I buy the "good" stuff (when I'm not drinking mine, of course).

What makes Miller Lite taste like that? Years and years of consumer testing, and brewing to please the masses. That's their gig, and they do it well!

It may be "triple hopped" but it is obviously not Beechwood aged!:cool:

Triple hopped, eh? Does that mean they use the same hops for 3 full batches of beer? That'll help the bottom line, make no mistake. Those sneaky bastards...

Or does it maybe mean they use exactly 3 hop cones in each barrel or wort?;)

it probably means that the computer pumps a little more hop extract into the slide mogogulator after it goes through the centrifuge and back to the 150,000 gallon storage tank where the elves sprinkle advertising dust on it and pee in it a litle to give it that special something-something:drunk:

after all of the above are done...they seal in that goodness with the flavor protector lid...:cross:

I agree ML or any other macro taste like water compared to most micro brews or homebrews but it serves it purpose as an easy drinking beer that you could drink a lot of in a day and not be full or drunk off your ass. IMHO there is nothing better than a ice cold PBR after playing in the sun all day, just like there is nothing better then a barley wine or RIS on the coldest day of winter.

I agree ML or any other macro taste like water compared to most micro brews or homebrews but it serves it purpose as an easy drinking beer that you could drink a lot of in a day and not be full or drunk off your ass. IMHO there is nothing better than a ice cold PBR after playing in the sun all day, just like there is nothing better then a barley wine or RIS on the coldest day of winter.

Normally I would agree with you. However, due to recent pipeline problems I've actually had to drink some BMC. I'd forgotten just how nasty it really can be, even almost frozen.

we have to face facts, it's cheap, and it tastes cheap to craft beer drinkers, the problem with our always ragging those guys is that the simple truth of the matter is that they make something that the masses want. like that white bread analogy, it stays fresh on a shelf for a week, not really bread, but its cheap!

As noted, when it first got popular it wasn't cheap. The expense of the adjuncts made Budweiser pricier than the all-6-grain alternatives, but people were willing to pay a premium for the improved taste. :drunk:

Maybe, but I'd bet most of us around here could make a 3.2% lawnmower beer with precisely 10,000% of the flavor of any of the above mentioned beers. Session beers need not be watery and nasty.

Are you sure it was cold? Maybe it was just warm beer youre drinking. I always get coors because I know my coors is cold. Was it cold when you bought it? Was there a cut out in the box so you knew the beer was cold? I can't believe you bought beers that didnt have cold activated mountains on it.

Went to a friend's trailer last night, and all she had was CL. I had forgotten how nasty BMC stuff was, and how watery it is as well. She asked why I didn't like her beer when I make my own:drunk:

Then she got offended when I got out my homemade wine. Her daughter asked to try some... that was even funnier.

It may be "triple hopped" but it is obviously not Beechwood aged!:cool:

Wait...according to them it's the ONLY Triple hop brewed beer. And it's got a vortex neck. So they are the only brewery ever to triple hop. Ever. At all. The one and only. No one else.

And the neck of their beer has some f'ing swirls on it. I'm gonna go buy a case right now.

Guess what else come's out in swirls? Crap.

Is it silly that I actually get seriously annoyed every time I hear those damn commercials on the radio?

Miller products have a distinct corn flavor and miller light is certainly hoppier than some craft beers (not many American ones).

Amount of hop character in and of itself is not a proxy for quality.

Miller Light is a subtly flavored beer that is more well made than many craft and almost all home brewed beers. Like many of you, I prefer more robust flavored beers most of the time.

I have two uncles, one loves MGD and the other loves Bud. For years they've ripped on each others beer and made fun of each other for drinking "horse piss" or "Milwaukee river water". Now that I make my own beer I find this hysterical and just shake my head when they go at it.
My MGD uncle actually tried to play the triple hops brewed card with me, like I was supposed to be impressed. But these are the guys who think I like all those "wierd" kinds of beer.

I have two uncles, one loves MGD and the other loves Bud. For years they've ripped on each others beer and made fun of each other for drinking "horse piss" or "Milwaukee river water". Now that I make my own beer I find this hysterical and just shake my head when they go at it.
My MGD uncle actually tried to play the triple hops brewed card with me, like I was supposed to be impressed. But these are the guys who think I like all those "wierd" kinds of beer.

You should put them to a blind taste test and see if they can both distinguish prized ambrosia from the other. Kinda like they did in Beer Wars.

Vortex neck...is that liked "ribbed for your pleasure"????

Personally if I'm going to drink a BMC, it will be Bud Light. That's my preferred piss water!

Normally I would agree with you. However, due to recent pipeline problems I've actually had to drink some BMC. I'd forgotten just how nasty it really can be, even almost frozen.

Not sure why people keep saying its nasty…it doesn’t taste like much so how could it be nasty. It’s light tasting crisp refreshing and doesn’t fill you up like HB. The funny thing is, I’m here defending ML while drinking a DIPA:cross:

Not sure why people keep saying its nasty…it doesn’t taste like much so how could it be nasty. It’s light tasting crisp refreshing and doesn’t fill you up like HB. The funny thing is, I’m here defending ML while drinking a DIPA:cross:

I am in agreement, the pale, clear, clean brew they make is impressive. I surely cannot duplicate it. Surely, as a homebrewer we have intimite knowledge of how little ingredients it actually takes to produce said beer, so the price they charge is insane. I double pisses me off now that most have moved to hop extract. It was cool to know for a while the budweiser was using willamette hops.....too bad.

After a long hot day out in the boat or doing yardwork, a tall draft grain belt premium or budweiser is pretty refreshing. Although I feel the same way about a nice Kolsch or Cream ale that I brew as well.

I am in agreement, the pale, clear, clean brew they make is impressive. I surely cannot duplicate it. Surely, as a homebrewer we have intimite knowledge of how little ingredients it actually takes to produce said beer, so the price they charge is insane. I double pisses me off now that most have moved to hop extract. It was cool to know for a while the budweiser was using willamette hops.....too bad.

After a long hot day out in the boat or doing yardwork, a tall draft grain belt premium or budweiser is pretty refreshing. Although I feel the same way about a nice Kolsch or Cream ale that I brew as well.

Stop calling me surely

I am in agreement, the pale, clear, clean brew they make is impressive. I surely cannot duplicate it.

Yes it is impressive on only one aspect. The technical expertise it takes to make that beer so consistent. On the other hand, I'd rather drink inconsistent wonderfully full flavored real beer than something that consistently tastes like 11.5 oz Club soda with 0.5 oz of a nice refreshing german Pils.

I'd rather drink inconsistent wonderfully full flavored real beer than something that consistently tastes like 11.5 oz Club soda with 0.5 oz of a nice refreshing german Pils.

Most people on homebrewtalk.com will agree….you need to preach to the people on macrobrewtalk.com

Miller uses corn and Bud uses rice. You can take that to the bank. Not sure about Coors as I haven't had the pleasure lately.

KORN! oops not KORN! it's plain ol corn not the rockin' KORN:rockin:

KORN beer! Might have some less than legal substances...

Back