First Beer Buzz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one and only:

Miller High Life.

highlifeandglass.jpg

I still LOVE this stuff.

(BTW, I was 8 years old, LOL)

Icehouse, I was 14 and my parents let me go up to stay with my cousin, that was in College. It was a bad week, all the MI people, after that thought that in Texas you could drink in Jr. high. Good times.

My grandad used to give me Wiedemann's when I was really little and the family tells stories of me falling all over the place. It was rural Illinois so I guess I was the entertainment.

Don't know. I was about 8 and Tom's father thought it would be funny to give us each a nice warm beer on a hot, muggy Illinois summer day. Got really sick.

Fast forward 11 years to my second beer: Genesee Cream Ale.

My mom wld get the cheapest beer she cld find in Cape May NJ

That would be *warm* Red Cap ale... I was sick for days !

I believe I was about 8 at the VFW when my dad would let me and my brother, 11 at the time, split a beer. I think it was schlitz at the time.

the first thing i ever got drunk off of was scotch when i was like 6. i ate some hot salsa and i took a glassful of my dad's drink to wash it down. i held it in my mouth for a second when i realized what it was. my dad laughed and said "you might as well swallow it!" i remember running around and i remember the ceiling shaking..that's about it.

the first beer i stole from my parents and got buzzed off of was coors light, i think. maybe bud light...they drank mgd later. i've got him trying some other stuff now :)

Ah...I think it was Red Dog. In the woods behind our house. Wasn't long before we realized what a waste it was a graduated on to Mad Dog (orange, of course). Bum Wines got us through high school.

Mine was Miller High Life. Spent the night at my Aunt and Uncle's house one summer. MHL was all he drank and he saw me eyeing his beer. So he went to the fridge and came back with one and gave it to me. I believe I was twelve at the time and it felt like Christmas! Needless to say I drank half of it and passed out after that.

Nothing fancy here, Bud Light when I was 15 I think. I guess I got a late start compared to most on here. :tank:

I really didn't start drinking beer till I was 18 (old huh?)

My friends and I would swipe booze from my parents and drink that when I was 13. We mostly drank cheap plastic bottle vodka in high school

My first beer was in Germany, a BitBurger

I think it might have been Labatt's Blue, but that was soooooo many beers ago. First drunk was Black Velvet whiskey. Walked in circles for what seemed like hours thinking, 'This is cool. Hey! My teeth are numb.'

I was 14. Friends and I snuck a couple of budweiser cans out to the garage. Closed the door and climbed into my buddies (dad's) 69 rambler station wagon.

Commenced to drinking those warm beers and talking trash about how drunk we were (on two beers between three of us).

That was back around 1972.

Oh man...although I haven't thought about it in years, I can remember the evening well. It was 1978, and I was 15 years old, at the cast party for a high school play. (I was the sound engineer in stage crew.) The party was held at some rich girl's house in the Encino hills. They had an elevator from their garage to the living quarters, which impressed the hell out of this middle-class kid from the valley flatlands!

Now this girl had some very easy going parents, as there was plenty of booze and it was openly available to the dozens of underage students at the party. I drank two cans of Heineken, and got absolutely hammered. Regular old green & white beer cans, this was long before the little keg cans. Most of my friends passed on the beer in favor of cheap-ass tequila shots, and spent the night barking at the ants.
sick_5.gif

Brewpastor said:
OK, what was the first beer you got buzzed on.

Mine was Little Kings Cream Ale.
It was in 1957 when i lifted 1/2 case of Lucky Lager from my uncle's stash. Went over to "park" with my steady. We proceded to get snokered. HMMM come to think of it, that was when virginity became a thing of the past.......:)

Miller Light I believe. My buddy Richard's dad kept it in the garage fridge. We took them to the woods where we hung out. By the time they got opened they were warm. We were 12 or 13.

I used to race sailboats with Richard and his dad. Richard's dad never let us drink ... until Richard stopped racing with us. Sam Adams sponsored some of the regattas and the beer was free at the award ceremonies. That old man got me trashed. That still chaps Richards ass.

the first time I ever went out drinking with the guys I was 17 and finished off 2 40s of St. Ides. needless to say I passed the hell out

First time I drank was on some of my Aunts Scotch,and yes it was cheap scotch, the first beer I drank was Michelob light. Ah.. Way to hash up some old memories Pastor, I haven't thought about that in a long time, :) Good Times, Good Times.

Cheers

First beer I drank was Genny Light. That was all the old man drank before he quit.

First time I was buzzed, it was some brand of malt liquor whose name escapes me. Thing is, we were "crusing" Main Street, had the bottle between my legs, and within five minutes had gotten pulled over by the cops - but I managed to get the bottle stashed and he never noticed.

For my first REAL drunks, I am ashamed to admit that I stole a sh*tload of wine from my (unfortunately, alcoholic) grandfather. There are certain types of wine, certain wines that are more buttery, that still make me a bit weezy when I drink them. I distinctly remember sitting on the ground with my buddy, taking a big swig from the bottle, saying "damn, this is disgusting," then taking another swig. Oh, that and cheap whiskey.

Old Style when I was about 12. We would drink whatever we could "find" in those days. My friend's Grandpa used to drink Old Milwaukee and we would take a couple each and ride our bikes to under a bridge and drink warm beer. What a cool feeling that was riding your bike home with a real good buzzzzz.

Shiner Bock, I refused to drink BMC. I think I was like 15, I smoked more pot than drank. Weed never made me throwup.:fro: Now it is just beer.

Back