2010 sam adams longshot contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that at this time in my brewing career, entering this competition would be akin to someone bringing a knife to a gunfight....

okay what is category 23? I see you have to list your beer as either ale or a lager so maybe.... As far as entering do they rate all beers submitted as it would be interesting hearing what a judge thinks of your beer.

One time cash prize to winners of $5000, grand champion has to sign over the recipe with no royalties forever. Not that I'd have to worry.:mug:

Yes i did 3 brews an imperial ips an imperial lager and a american baley wine they are judging the west region in oakland this weekend 5th and 6th

The west region was judged in Oakland Calif last weekend the 5th and 6th of june in you made it to second round you will hear something soon because that take place the 21st through end of month

TAPHUS, you appear to be in the know. If we haven't heard anything yet would it be safe to say we're not through and can enjoy those last three bottles I have laying around?

Oh just freakin' say it Babalu... you know you want to....

Look at him.. "oooh 9 finalists have been chosen"... all calm and sit.

(Babalu knows 9 finalists have been chosen 'cause he's one of 'em).

and the Dahhhhhhkniz is gonna wins all the moneys!

Anyone get results back from your entries? I just got mine back! I'm content with a 34.5 for the first competition I've ever entered...got some really good feedback. It was a Black Honey Spruce Wheat. What are some entries and scores out there?

I got my scores last week. My wheat lager got a 36.5, although one of my judges gave it a 39. Pretty fair comments.

Red/Green Chili 13/50. I put it in the wrong base category and it gushed when they popped it. Comments went from infection to veggie. I am waiting on some other judging sheets for the same beer, so need to compare comments. Sometimes I can take comments kinda hard. Chocolate/Cherry Stout 40/50 mixed comments on flavor but overall good feedback.

Back