Cascade Brewer's Cup competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmo88

Reaction score
Anyone ever enter this or planning on entering this year? I'm thinking about entering my first competition and this one looks like a big one.

Yeah, I have my eye on it. It will be my first local competition. The HBT comp last year was my first. I have a couple beers I'm waiting to see where they settle out before I decide which ones might be worth entering.

I entered three beers. Does anyone know when the first word comes out about results? I think the preliminaries are Saturday but I'm not sure it's published.

I got two beers into this one. I planned three but a very nice IPA I had kicked 1/2 way through filling the final bottle. :mad: I apparently had been sampling it more agressively than I had believed.

Anyway I was in a thread on a different board a couple weeks ago talking to the coordinator for the competition. Here is his direct quote from his answer about score sheets on that thread on their plans on getting score sheets out.

"I'm going to try to get scoresheets out as quick as possible. It will depend on the number of entries, but my hope is that 2-3 weeks after the BOS judging on March 13th. One feature with this competition is that if one of your entries places in a flight (judged on March 6th), I'll send you an email (2-3 days later) to ask that you attend our awards banquet (aka ExBeerience) on March 13th to receive whatever prize(s) you are due. We're up to 80 or so donated items so far, and the list just gets longer everyday".

Ahhh, bummer Phil. I almost missed it myself. I didn't realize till the night before that Wednesday was the cutoff. Never fear, save those 3 beers as there are several other competition events coming up. The next is the Mcchord competition, but they are only accepting certain styles. What kind of beers do you have to enter?

I have some patersbier (belg specialty) bottled.

I also have kegs of american amber, robust porter and wit that could be BMBF'd for competition...

Do you guys no where to find the results of this? I couldn't make it.

Shame you missed it. It was a fun event with a lot of great beers on tap and a lot of local homebrewers in attendance. Obviously they now know the top 3 in each category, but I have not seen the results posted yet. I would assume the results for the winners will be posted on the Cascade Brewers Guild website once they upload them, and then appear on the WAHA site as well.

As to general results for everyone per my earlier post it was the coordinators intention to try to get all score sheets out within 2-3 weeks of the competition.

Cheers.

Back