NanoBrewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, your 151 miles from me in the S.F. bay area I see a future road trip this summer the back willing.
Another members in Berkely also with a desire for a road trip, we should double up together and split the gas.

Just spent the past hour or so reading through this all! Amazing! I recently just bought a house and SWMBO said I can turn the 2-car detached garage into my brewing HQ. At one point, I hope to progress exactly how you did. Good luck with everything!!

Wow, this is awesome. Looking forward to seeing how everything evolves. Congrats and best of luck!

Just spent the past hour or so reading through this all! Amazing! I recently just bought a house and SWMBO said I can turn the 2-car detached garage into my brewing HQ. At one point, I hope to progress exactly how you did. Good luck with everything!!

To fully pull your brewing rig garage project off I would add a carport that'll cover two vehicles not only protect your vehicles from summer sun and heat but ice free vehicles in the winter. This idea alone will get you many bonus points and green light towards your brewery build. She's happy you'll be happy.

Naaa, I'll just charge you twice as much. :D

It's worth the extra charge just to see if you'll wear 5" red pumps and a tube top that day and we shoot 'em up at you with paint ball guns LOL! what a sight that would be. I'm out of the game for now with this back but would of collected 20 -30 members of the Northern Chaper of the Norton Club and did the "Loop Ride". Mariposia overnight then Yosemite, over the hill to 395 and back to Dardanelle's another overnight then back to the bay area again. Dad ran that run the other direction for 54 years almost all in a row many with me.
This or now Auburn Calif. for the NorCal BMW club, we had Mariposia for many years then to Quincy and now Auburn. Stinking Memorial day weekends with cagers that want to kill you, should be set on a different weekend where it's safe to ride. I see Mammoth was colder than Truckee the other day.
Time to expand and plan on running that larger brew rig for summers demand coming up I hate being thirsty. Prost.

Congrats Hoss. I'm glad to hear all the application bs is now behind you. Do you need a special license to ship product? I'm in a state that is allowed to ship beer and wine. I'm all ready to buy some of your finest. We can't go to a store and buy a 6er on Sunday, but we can go to a bar and drink on Sunday. We can also order via the net. Oh yeah, we're also a three-tier state.

Big Congrats on finally getting everything in order, Hopefully I can make a trip out there sooner or later and take some of that beer off of your hands for you : )

I heard someone out there yell bay area road trip, I'm down for it !

Open for 4 hours today and had a couple of customers already. No advertising or anything.
Now I need to bottle more beer. This is going to be fun. :rockin:

1st day of the shop.jpg

Oooh, 7 hours and 8 min away:) just might have to make a road trip. I love to make lil breweries on my travels. I was planning to go back to kings canyon soon.

Keep us updated on the hours:tank:

Oooh, 7 hours and 8 min away:) just might have to make a road trip. I love to make lil breweries on my travels. I was planning to go back to kings canyon soon.

Keep us updated on the hours:tank:

For now I'm open 2 - 6 on weekends, perhaps later if it gets busy enough. As summer approaches then I'll stay open later. Thursday and Friday night open from about 5:30 - 7:00.

That is awesome, congrats. You did make them pay with cash so you could hang it on the wall, right?

Well now that you went public on your income the IRS will know about this and want their take. Wait until this "Global Warming" and this wet weather passes with summer coming soon, "bars open". Frame your first dollar, congrats. Plans started on the larger brew rig yet, it needs to pulled out of storage?

Well now that you went public on your income the IRS will know about this and want their take. Wait until this "Global Warming" and this wet weather passes with summer coming soon, "bars open". Frame your first dollar, congrats. Plans started on the larger brew rig yet, it needs to pulled out of storage?

:D No worries about the IRS, still in the red, for now.
No plans yet but come summer time, you're right, it just may have to come out.

Here are a couple of pics from the beer event.

I'm 6'1" so it's not often I have to look up to talk to someone. This guy was BIG.
View attachment 14505

My table setup.
View attachment 14506

I knew the restaurant would be Savoury's!!! If I hadn't found this thread so late, I would have driven up from Merced to attend, but now I have moved to San Diego. Damn!

awesome thread, looks like so much work, but worth it! grats!, i'm confused on the shop tho, what else is for sale? you said you were in it with your brother?

awesome thread, looks like so much work, but worth it! grats!, i'm confused on the shop tho, what else is for sale? you said you were in it with your brother?

We're basically 3 shops under one roof. Sort of like a micro-mall. :D The State ABC made us put up the partitions to separate us and made sure we each had our own register etc..

We're basically 3 shops under one roof. Sort of like a micro-mall. :D The State ABC made us put up the partitions to separate us and made sure we each had our own register etc..

gotcha, so it is your brother doing wine, you doing beer, and another? is it all alcohol related? that place looks primed to make you all famous! i can't wait to see how you do once it warms up! :mug:

gotcha, so it is your brother doing wine, you doing beer, and another? is it all alcohol related? that place looks primed to make you all famous! i can't wait to see how you do once it warms up! :mug:

Not all alcohol related, the 3rd is gourmet almond roca candy, to satisfy the munchies after tasting wine and beer. :D

Haven't seen any updates regarding the brewery/business lately. How is everything going?

Thank you for asking. It's going about as expected. A few sales each time I'm open and that's just walk by customers since I've not done any advertising yet. It's giving me a chance to slowly figure out how much stock I should keep on hand and such. So far I've been able to get away with just brewing 5 gallon batches but I think it's time to brew 10 gallon batches from now on.
Customers have been very complimentary of my brew and it's nice to get that feed back. Not ready to quit the day job yet. :D

Back