Emmett's Ale House - Downers Grove, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FermentEd

Owner, Co-Founder Pollyanna Brewing Company
Reaction score
Anybody interested in the 25th?

Emmett’s Autumn Beer Tasting
Featuring Award Winning Victory Pale Ale!
September 11th In West Dundee,
September 18th In Oswego And
September 25th In Downers Grove

What Is It?
A free tasting of Emmett’s beer alongside 2 other commercial brands of the same style. You will also get a brewery tour and short history of beer making and tonight’s featured style.
What Time?
7pm
Who?
Anyone 21 and older is welcome.
How Much?
This event costs you nothing!

To register for the Downers Grove event, please call Downers Grove at 630-434-8500.
To register for the West Dundee event, please call West Dundee at 847-428-4500.
To register for the Oswego event, please call Oswego at 630-383-2020.

Had a great time last night! That Hop Smack IPA was yummy!

Thanks for organizing everything, Ed!

Thanks. It's always great to get a group together for these type of events. The Hop Smack was fantastic. I finsihed with a half pint of 1AM.

Didn't want to start a new thread....

I happened to be in town tonight to catch an early flight in the morning, so I stopped here for a late dinner because it is about 10 minutes from my grandmother's house....

Had a great meal and 4-5 truly awesome beers. A bit disappointed the pale ale wasn't on tap though.

Munich lager--good stuff, well done. Very much a corn aroma and flavor. Well done beer, and very clean.

Belgian Trippel - Holy bubblegum, batman! Very nice brew, a bit sweet for the style I think, but I enjoyed it immensely.

1 A.M.-- English Ale. A English bitter, and nothing extremely special, but really well done. A great session brew. I could drink it all day.

McCarthy's Red- Phenomenal red ale. Perfectly balanced with malt and hops. No wonder this won a medal at the GABF. It totally rocked.

English Mild- Meh. Boring. A bit more bitter than the bitter, but well done.

Double barrel Stout-- a bit thin for a stout, IMHO, even served on nitro. WAY too much black patent in it, it held back the chocolate notes that the description says it had. I wasn't too impressed.

Brown Ale--If you like biscuit malt, you'd like this. I didn't. My least favorite brew of the whole bunch. I love a good nut brown, but the biscuit overpowered it too much.

I'll be back around this way in March--I'm gonna stop by here again. The food was great and the beers (for the most part) were really well done.

I'll post here and try to get an HBT gathering together.

Back