New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partially drunk SNCA clone

image-3798621613.jpg

My American Brown Ale finaly made it to glass last night, and I have to tell you it was worth every minute of my time and patience as its evident in the final product. Nice head of suds, surprisingly light for a brown ale, with a nice taste of bittering hops in the aftertaste. Delicious!

CSBR1.jpg

Recipe from Tess and Mark Szamatulski "Clone Brews" page 78 Ayinger October Fest-Marzen! Its a must try from Lager Lovers!

ForumRunner_20130201_115040.jpg

rgarcia78147 said:
Recipe from Tess and Mark Szamatulski "Clone Brews" page 78 Ayinger October Fest-Marzen! Its a must try from Lager Lovers!

That looks great. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.

My first brew..I can't believe I don't have any other pictures. This next batch will have a photo shoot session.

image-1802194531.jpg

Kolsch yeast does make a beautiful beer! Kolsch-style Vienna/Pacific gem SMaSH!

I've got a Strongbow glass that came back with me from England that was given to me by a bartender while on deployment in 2011. Beautiful beer, by the way.

:rockin:Is that the Dogfish Head Clone? I've been aching to brew up a batch of that! It looks so amazing!

I'm not sure Dogfish every produced it, but the recipe stems from Sam's extract recipe. I took a traditional All-Grain Hefe recipe and added some Blood Oranges.

I'm not sure Dogfish every produced it, but the recipe stems from Sam's extract recipe. I took a traditional All-Grain Hefe recipe and added some Blood Oranges.

Sweet! I see that you're in Oak Park. If you're ever in the Joliet/Crest Hill area, we can swap a bottle ;).

Thanks! Not sure if I'm supposed to tag the recipe right into the thread but figured if anyone wants to give it a go they could.

Tankhouse ale 5 gal AG (possible mill st. clone hah)

3.24 kg Canadian 2-row
0.41 kg Munich 20L
0.37 kg Crystal 60
0.20 kg Victory
0.15 kg Carapils
0.03 kg Chocolate Malt

Mashed 152 for 60 min, batch sparged 180.

20g Cascade 60 min
20g Cascade 30 min
20g Cascade 15 min
1 Whirlfloc 10 min
20g Cascade 5 min
30g Cascade flame out

Nottingham yeast

Cooled with an immersion chiller in 10 min, after 3 weeks primary, racked to a secondary and added gelatin. Fridge for 3 days, kegged and carbed. switching to 10 gal batches soon. These 5 gal ones don't last long enough hah

Back