Suggestions for food and drink in Corpus Christi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouT

Can't wait to go AG...
Reaction score
Travelling there for work next week - looking for suggestions for great food and for fun places with great beer selection, etc.

If you're staying downtown, the Executive Surf Club has decent food and a pretty good selection on tap. It's right next door to Water Street Oyster Bar, they have good seafood. For steaks, there is Katz21 and Republic Of Texas Bar & Grill. There is a decent Irish Pub, Cassidy's.

If you have transportation, the best place to drink beer is B & J's Pizza on South Padre Island Drive. Good selection of bottled and taps. Good pizza, too. One of the best Mexican food restaurants is La Playa. There are several locations.

Yup what gutbucket said...

B&J's is a pretty good pizza place with probubly the best beer selection in corpus. TBH we're not really a beer town so there's not a huge selection.

Try the La Playa off of the South Padre Island Drive (SPID--what everyone calls it) for some "reliable" mexican food.

How long are you staying? All of the "nice" places to eat are in Port Aransas (IMO) but thats only a 20min drive or so and you can see the beach and all of that...give Fin's a shot

Have fun!

Just here for tonight (Tues) and Wed and Thurs evenings, leave out Friday AM.
I'm downtown w/no wheels so I guess I'll try what was already suggested, kind of disappointing there's not a Mexican food restaurant here in the downtown area...
Thanks for the pointers!

Yeah downtown (or D-Town as the commercials call it) kinda sux...

There's that big whatabuger which is pretty cool but...yeah

Hope you like the Executive Surf Club, it's my favorite bar in town

Well, missed the executive surf club. I only ate at our reception dinner in the hotel, and at the Republic of Texas which happened to be on the 20th floor of the hotel I stayed.
The filet mignon was fantastic!
The bill was absurd...
The beer selection was mediocre.
But I had a blast, basically a lady and her husband kind of got into a fight with a government lawyer that was being passive-aggressive -- eventually the couple was asked to leave, but it was last call by then anyway (at 10PM!).

Went with some of the group to a place called Dr. Rockit's --- a blues bar, was plenty fun, and I drank Shiner Bock - which was ok.

Thanks, TEXAS! Back to corpus in Jan...

Back