Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 1 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap, I didn't even see this, I was looking for hop updates and forgot about this. I'm out of town for most of February, probably can't get up there till hop pickup. Is there any way that'll work?

Shouldn't be a problem, I will PM you my address and you can send me a check?

Grain will be ordered on Tuesday for delivery on Friday. Bert's Beer will be hosting this time around, sorry guys but I have to work. As usual, please bring something to share or get some feedback on.

Jim is going to brew and he is offering to let 2 folks get some wort, you will need to e-mail him for details [email protected]>

e-mail Jim for his address and he would like to get everybody there between 9-12. I will be there around 2 to get my stuff.

PM me if you have any questions or issues.

Gripes... I would love to come up there, but if the split is on a Friday, there is no way I could make it. Is anyone doing anything Saturday?

I'm gonna try to come down on Fri. Is the drop off at the same spot? Need help with transport?

Gripes... I would love to come up there, but if the split is on a Friday, there is no way I could make it. Is anyone doing anything Saturday?

The split is on Saturday. The delivery comes in on a Friday and we then have to transport it to the pick-up location.

I'm gonna try to come down on Fri. Is the drop off at the same spot? Need help with transport?

We might need help with the transport, but you will miss out on all of the activities on Saturday if you don't come down on Saturday. It will be a brew day as well:mug:

I'm thinking about doing a Wit Bier on Saturday. It will probably be about $15 for 5 gal. I will be using wlp 400 and make 2-2000ml starters.

(20) Gallon Batch
20.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) (2.0 SRM) Grain 50.00 %
20.00 lb Wheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM) Grain 50.00 %
3.00 oz Saaz [4.00 %] (60 min) Hops 10.8 IBU
2.00 oz Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
2.00 oz Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs Belgian Wit Ale (White Labs #WLP400)

I will have to see what stage I will be in, as far as the construction project, but I want to come up Saturday. Someone shoot my the addy on a PM, please.

volsfan5012 said:
I will have to see what stage I will be in, as far as the construction project, but I want to come up Saturday. Someone shoot my the addy on a PM, please.

Hopefully you can make it. I'm gonna bring some Hopslam Clone and my Crop 5 Cream Ale as well as some other craft hop beers and others I've collected.

volsfan5012 said:

Won't be the same if my cornhole partner isn't there.

Also... if anyone has any yeast they want to swap on Saturday... here's what I have.

WY Dennys Fav.
WLP San Diego Super
WLP American Lager
Bottle Harvested Sierra Nevada

Won't be the same if my cornhole partner isn't there.

Somethings are better left un-said.
The way you and Paul were flirting... Maybe he'll fill in.
I probably will be laying block Saturday:(
Hummmmm, lay block... Drink beer with friends? What's a guy to do?

Also... if anyone has any yeast they want to swap on Saturday... here's what I have.

WY Dennys Fav.
WLP San Diego Super
WLP American Lager
Bottle Harvested Sierra Nevada

I'll take some of the SN off your hands. Here's what I've got:

WLP ofest
WLP pilsner
WLP czech bud
WLP san francisco lager
Wyeast american lager
W-34/70

I would love to trade for the Pilsner and San Fran... is there another one of mine you would want?

I also have a "house yeast" that is a mixture of Denny's Fav and WLP 007.

The San Fran is a little old (late 2010) so you may need to step up a few times. And the Pilsner has got some hops and trub that never fully washed out.

If you're still interested I'd really like to try your house yeast in a pale ale or something.

When will you be at the house?

:off: Hey Bobby, I'm gonna have to pass on the brew day. I am out of propane and can't afford to swap tanks until next week.

anybody get life outta that yeast I gave away 2 buys ago? I think it was a czech pils and american lager yeast both wyeast.

.I probably will be laying block Saturday:(
Hummmmm, lay block... Drink beer with friends? What's a guy to do?

If you come, i'll bring you some Whiskey Barrel IIPA, I wouldn't give that to just anyone.

Plus i'll be the oldest guy there.:eek:

The San Fran is a little old (late 2010) so you may need to step up a few times. And the Pilsner has got some hops and trub that never fully washed out.

If you're still interested I'd really like to try your house yeast in a pale ale or something.

That's cool, I'll see if it's still alive by stepping it up. The hops and trub I don't mind... there will prob be some of that in the Sierra Nevada yeast you get since I didn't completely wash the trub when saving it. I'll bring the house yeast as well as a beer I just made with it. It has a funky smell and taste during fermentation but comes out very clean when conditioned and finished. I wouldn't mind getting some of the Oktoberfest either if you have enough.

Not sure when we will be there, I'll need to talk to wildwest and possibly others to see when they want to leave, and I want to stop by Rebel that morning as well (if possible). I'll shoot you a text when I know more.

:off: Hey Bobby, I'm gonna have to pass on the brew day. I am out of propane and can't afford to swap tanks until next week.

Jim is willing to do all of the work on the brew day. He is doing 20 gallons and says that 10 gallons are up for grabs for pretty cheap. He is even doing the yeast starters.

I wouldn't mind getting some of the Oktoberfest either if you have enough.

They're 1-quart ball jars so you're getting the whole yeast cake. Oktoberfest is late 2010 as well. I don't mind though, because my wife has been bugging me to get them out of the kitchen fridge :)

I'd be interested to taste what you wind up making with them.

I'll probably bring a couple bottles of my pilsner with the defect, to try and get people's opinions on what I might have messed up.

I think I read somewhere you said that the Baltic Porter was one of your finest beers ever made, so....I like Baltic Porter!

Latest posts

Back