Fastest way to get the beer carb up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alemann

Reaction score
Basically I wanna have my rogue dead guy ale by the sb bottling today any recommendations .

Tap-a-draft systems and pocket co2 "carbers" are sold at LHBSs. I have never used them and it would seem it would be easier to bottle in large bottles if you are going that route. Your beer might taste green if it hasn't had much time to age though so maybe buy a few of the originals from the store to have on hand.

What is the OG for dead guy ale? For any of my beers I consider a 2 week fermentation and a 2 week conditioning time before I feel they have reached what I believe to be ready enough. I have not made any large beers and my hydrometer has agreed with my process so far but I can imagine if you have something over 1.070 I would probably want 3 weeks conditioning time before I considered it "ready".

All that being said, you have a deadline and unless you can keg I would read some info about those tap-a-draft systems.

Tap a draft won't carb it on the spot. Do you just want a small amount carbed, or a whole 5 gallons? I use my sodastream to carb up a liter on bottling/kegging day. You could
Use a carbonator cap, but you need a co2 tank.

Back