5 Days in downtown Denver...advice??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

givemaboot

Reaction score
I will be in Denver this weekend until Wednesday.:mug: Any suggestions for must see/do breweries? I know of four breweries downtown. Anymore input?

ft. collins is only about 45 min - 1 hr north of there, i would recommend finding your way up there if possible. or boulder is even closer to go see avery. i think those 4 breweries you mentioned are about the only ones down there, and quite frankly, i don't remember any great beer bars from when i lived there (but that was prior to my homebrewing, so i may have missed them).

amped to check it out. I have all day Saturday to get to Ft. Collins. Where do I need to go?(<--no "to hell" jokes)

New Belgium, Odells, Ft Collins Brewing, Coopersmiths, Equinox <------- in Ft Collins

Dry Dock in Aurora
Falling Rock, Blake Street Tavern, Great Divide, Wynkoop, Denver Chophouse in downtown

Also, other Denverites may be able to help me here...whats the belgian place over by/on colfax? the snug? or cheeky something?

The Colfax place is the Cheeky Monk. Good Belgian food, but the beer menu - while impressive - is a bit overpriced IMHO considering you can pick up 3/4 of the available beers at many of the local area liquor stores. With lots of great places to choose from, the Monk would not be on my "must see" list. I'd add Bull and Bush to the must see list (about 20 minutes from downtown). Breckenridge brewery, particularly the Kalamath location (5 minutes from downtown) has great BBQ and is another solid choice. The downtown location right across from Coors Field has the same beer, but the food is better at Kalamath. Pints Pub is also downtown (off of 13th by the art museum) and brews their own. They don't distribute - can't even get a growler to go last time I checked, but they have some really good brews and the atmosphere is nice.

Argonaut Liquors on Colfax is also a great place to top by and peruse the available beers.

If you make the trip to FoCo you'll drive right by Longmont which has a branch of Oscar Blues (the other location is in Lyons), Left Hand, and the Pump House. All three are very good choices and worth a detour.

You could also opt to skip FoCo and head up to Boulder, about 1/2 the distance from downtown when compared to FoCo, and hit up Avery, Mountain Sun, Boulder Beer, Redstone Meadery, Twisted Pine, BJ's, Walnut Brewing (a branch of Rock Bottom) and Upslope.

There's not much out in Aurora - but Dry Dock was last year's Small Brewery of the Year and well worth the time for the trip that way.

Can't wait to get to Denver, time to field test the liver. Pics will follow. What is the best place Downtown(staying at the ritz-carlton) to pick up a few sixers for the room?

Back