StarSan in a spray bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pericles

Reaction score
People have been telling me it's time to move away from immersion sanitizing my bottles and fermentation vessels. I'm not ready to invest in a bottle tree yet - immersion chiller comes first, and I need to build a better fermentation cabinet - but could I save some water/starsan by filling a spray bottle and spritzing down the bucket, instead of filling it?

I use a quart spraybottle and it is 2 ml/quart of water.

I do the same, although you should spend the $1 extra on a nice one or you'll be sending SWMBO to Wal-Mart in the middle of a brewday like I did yesterday when the cheap one breaks :D

Awesome! Can I use it on the bottles, or is immersion still faster? I bottled 10 gallons yesterday, and the sanitation time ended up taking about 2 hours altogether.

To sanitize bottles I fill a small amount of starsan into each bottle from my bottling bucket and swish the bottle around.

I use my spray bottle of starsan to sanitize my bottles. Two pumps in the neck of the bottle while turning it coats the inside, then swirl it and flip it over to drain the excess out and it gets around the mouth of the bottle. Starsan on the caps finishes it up.

Back