Rahr 2 Row

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rahr supplies most of the craft brewers on the West Coast.

I use it quite a bit and really like it.

I tried both Briess and Rahr in a very similar recipe and I cannot tell the difference. Rahr is always a few bucks cheaper through Midwest so I go with it.

Rahr is dirt cheap, i've used it a lot. Bought a 50# sack and i've used about 20# so far, works great, mashes good.

Thanks guys, I am pulling the trigger on a big stock order this weekend, 55lbs of 2 row 40lbs of marris 10lbs if biscuit, some misc yeasts and whatever else I can find. Brewmasters 6.99 shipping is cheaper than me driving to my lhbs this is a no brainer.

Thanks guys, I am pulling the trigger on a big stock order this weekend, 55lbs of 2 row 40lbs of marris 10lbs if biscuit, some misc yeasts and whatever else I can find. Brewmasters 6.99 shipping is cheaper than me driving to my lhbs this is a no brainer.

Thanks for your future purchase. I just wanted to let you know that Rahr is a domestic grain which means the bags are 50 lbs. Imported grains come in 55 lbs sacks. If you need 55 lbs by all means order 55, and the last 5 lbs will be packaged separately from the sack of grain. Our packaging is air tight and very good for storage, so you do not need to worry about the 5 lbs going bad on you.

Thanks,
Ed

Thanks for your future purchase. I just wanted to let you know that Rahr is a domestic grain which means the bags are 50 lbs. Imported grains come in 55 lbs sacks. If you need 55 lbs by all means order 55, and the last 5 lbs will be packaged separately from the sack of grain. Our packaging is air tight and very good for storage, so you do not need to worry about the 5 lbs going bad on you.

Thanks,
Ed

Word (ten char)

what's the price difference in the marris? if you're buying 40lb you should look at how much a 55lb costs you and see if it's worth ordering the smaller ammount. I've never used brewmasters site before, but i don't even see an area to buy full bags of stuff. Not sure if i'm just lookin at a wrong place. Brewmasters lists 40# of marris for about $60 (not exactly sure, their website stopped workign for me as i was typing this) And I've found a 55lb bag of it for $69 at other places. So you may be able to get an extra 15lb of grain for $10.. I'm always up for deals like that. haha

what's the price difference in the marris? if you're buying 40lb you should look at how much a 55lb costs you and see if it's worth ordering the smaller ammount. I've never used brewmasters site before, but i don't even see an area to buy full bags of stuff. Not sure if i'm just lookin at a wrong place. Brewmasters lists 40# of marris for about $60 (not exactly sure, their website stopped workign for me as i was typing this) And I've found a 55lb bag of it for $69 at other places. So you may be able to get an extra 15lb of grain for $10.. I'm always up for deals like that. haha

There is no special place for bulk grains on the site, you just type in the amount you would like. There is no special or different pricing for bulk grains either. I know this seems odd compared to other sites, but at Brewmasters Warehouse there is a special on shipping. Shipping is $6.99 no matter how much grain you order.

Ed

Thanks,
Ed

My sacks of Rahr 2-row say 55lbs and says Alberta, Canada. I buy it from my LHBS/brewery. Looks like Rahr has multiple malting locations, one in MN, ND, and Canada. Just FYI

Placed order with Brewmaster's and they were very easy to deal with. I am now anxious to brew my next recipe. got a sack of 2 row and a sack of marris with some specialty malts and some yeasts.

:rockin:

Got My order in today and just before the weekend, GAME ON! Thanks ED for the great service. The fed ex guy even put it in the garage due to the wet snow. Definetely will due buisness with again.

Thanks

Got My order in today and just before the weekend, GAME ON! Thanks ED for the great service. The fed ex guy even put it in the garage due to the wet snow. Definetely will due buisness with again.

Thanks

Not a problem that is just what we do. Enjoy the brews you get out of all that grain.

Thanks,

Ed

Hijack! I had a thread a couple days ago re Rahr and if anyone has used it and gotten lower efficiency than say Breiss. I'd like to ask that again since a bunch of folks who responded here use Rahr. Both me and my bro-in-law noticed decreased eff. when using Rahr. Anyone else?

Back