Brew 15,000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 108580

Reaction score
Anybody buying Brew 15,000 from Rogue Ales? I thought about it... decided not to. Short on cash haha.

Rogue

mrrshotshot said:
I agree, but I love their bottles. I turn them into glassware for homebrew :rockin:

Their ink is impervious to every method I've tried to remove it, so that's a really good idea.

mrrshotshot said:
Yeah, Stone bottles are great for this too

Stone's silkscreen chips pretty easily and comes off after a quick soak in starsan. Won't stop me from making some Ruination 10th glasses though.

berrywise said:
A word of warning for others but my virus protection picked up that this link is hosting a trojan virus of some type.

If this is true it was not intentional. I was on stumbleupon.com and this page showed up. Theres plenty of other YouTube videos out there on how to do this. Sorry. I'll delete the link.

A word of warning for others but my virus protection picked up that this link is hosting a trojan virus of some type.

+1...me too...

...but regarding the OP, all I can say is I *hope* this beer is better than the last beer I ordered from Rogue (Voodoo Bacon Maple)...that was the only beer I've ever not been able to finish and had to dump. (So I won't be ordering one of these!)

+1...me too...

...but regarding the OP, all I can say is I *hope* this beer is better than the last beer I ordered from Rogue (Voodoo Bacon Maple)...that was the only beer I've ever not been able to finish and had to dump. (So I won't be ordering one of these!)

That beer was horrible haha! I couldnt finish it either. But I LOVE their double chocolate stout.

Oh god - I tried the Voodoo beer a couple nights ago. I didn't have high hopes, but it was way worse than expected. I also couldn't finish the glass I poured.

There are plenty of Rogue beers that I do like, however.

My buddy in Oregon has a bottle of the Voodoo he insists I have to try just to experience how bad it is. I'm not thrilled about the experience.

Where I live $25 for a bottle of beer isnt bowl me over outrageous. I till probably wont buy it though.

Rogue's beers are hit or miss for me, but the ones I like, I like a lot. They are a bit overpriced no matter how you split it though.

I have a problem paying 25 bucks for any bottle of beer. Too many great tasting beers for way less. I do like a lot of Rogue though.

Rogue's beers are hit or miss for me, but the ones I like, I like a lot. They are a bit overpriced no matter how you split it though.
Same, but I think they're retardedly overpriced. They're up to $15.50 a sixer, and bombers are $7 at my nearest grocery store. This isn't for any of their specialty beers, just their everyday fare. Only time I'll buy a Rogue beer is if it's on tap at a bar for the same price as the rest of the craft beer, available at Costco for $24 a case, or at one of Rogue's garage sales.

tnvol said:
I have a problem paying 25 bucks for any bottle of beer. Too many great tasting beers for way less. I do like a lot of Rogue though.

I was trying to think of a beer I'd pay $25 for and couldn't come up with anything. I think the most I've spent was $15 for Brux and I wasn't all that impressed with that one.

My buddy in Oregon has a bottle of the Voodoo he insists I have to try just to experience how bad it is. I'm not thrilled about the experience.

Ha, ha..be prepared for a thin, overly sweet brown ale that smells and tastes of artificial maple and some sort of non-nondescript smokiness...

Doesn't that make you even more excited!? :mug:

Latest posts

Back