New Brewer - New Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley-Davidson

Reaction score
Hey everyone - greetings from sunny New Jersey.
I'm a new brewer and I've gotten lots and lots of great info from this forum, and I've managed to get five 5 gal. batches boiled and fermenting/clearing/bottle conditioning, and even one that I'm drinking.

Thanks to everyone for being so generous with your knowledge and experience.
:rockin:

Wow, a supporting member out of the gate, here's to ya. :mug:

SWMBO is from Wayne/Patterson area, we get up there every two to three months to visit her father (boy I hate that drive--through D.C., NOVA and Jersey).

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find this a very cool place to hang and get questions answered.

D2T said:
Welcome from Morristown!

Motown in the house!

Do you know of any LHBS, D2T? So far the closest I've found is Corrado's in Clifton.
I've had to get supplies online but would like to be able to just pick up something I needed.
:mug:

I've scoured New Jersey looking for Amarillo hops last week. There are 3 stores in the Garden State, Corrado's (decent for supplies other than basic grain, hops and yeast)

Then there is the Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold, NJ. They've got a much better selection. Lastly there is beercrafters in south Jersey outside Philly. I haven't been there (they didn't have amarillo when I called!) I've pretty much just gone to internet order from austinhomebrew.com

I'm in Metuchen by the way. Welcome!

Thanks bigal, glad to find other Jersey brewers.
Freehold and So. Jersey are a bit of a hike for me. So's Corrado's, but not too far from mother-in-law so I try to stop there when I'm out that way.

Looks like the internet's the way to go.

Back