DIY 4 way manifold FIND

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1620HBC

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the copper manifold at hd from pex thats $15? Im thinking of adding some shut of valves and tubing for a nice diy cheap manifold... I cant upload pics on here but maybe someone can so you guys can tell me what you think...

Google pex copper manifold and look for 4 outlet setup

There are even cheaper options, like these ones from HF (the blue one actually has 4 holes) -
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-accessories/4-way-1-4-quarter-inch-quick-coupler-96398.html
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-accessories/2-in-1-air-manifold-93979.html

Most of the cost of the manifolds is the check valves. If you don't use check valves, a DIY manifold can be made very very cheap.

True - But $6.00 check valves save $100 regulators! be careful :mug:

True - But $6.00 check valves save $100 regulators! be careful :mug:

Good point. I wasn't condoning skipping the check valves, just pointing out that that's where most of the cost of a manifold is. I actually use the larger manifold I posted with a good ball/check valve to protect the regulator, and cheap in line check valves to keep the beers from mingling with each other.

I combined 2 of the blue ones form Harbor freight with the hole in the back using a nipple (not shown in their pic, but you can sort of see it in mine), a barb for the input and check ball valves at all of the outputs making an H shape and giving 5 outputs. There is also a check ball valve at the regulator. You're not going to save much money unless you find a really good deal on the check valves, I already had a few so for me it made sense to DIY.

Screen shot 2010-05-30 at 7.21.17 AM.jpg

Back