Time Lapse Video of Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IamNash

Reaction score
(also posted in bottling forum)

Last night I bottled a belgian tripel that I brewed for my pregnant wife. Hopefully it will be ready to drink when she is. I haven't bottled in a couple years, so I thought I would make a film of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I just used the youtube audio swap feature and there is a ukulele track on there.

Awesome man! How long did it take you from start until finish. I know the video is only ~1 min 1 secs but it usually takes me a good 1 - 2 hours with sanitation and all. Hope it turns out great and best of luck to you and your wife.

Also, I noticed that you had a towel on the floor for spill i presume, I have been bottling over our open dishwasher door as when im done, I just close it and saves a lot of time on cleaning :)

Thanks for all the kind words. It took me around an hour and a half maybe a little less, but you don't see the cleanup in the video.

I made the video using an iphone 4 and the ReelMoments app. The settings were 1 photo every 5 seconds and then stitched at 15 FPS. The intro was set to take a photo every 1.5 seconds and then 4 FPS for the video stitch. The problem with using the phone and app is that once it takes it, you can't adjust the frame rate like you could if you had the raw photos and were using a program to build the video like I assume you will Flo.

Good luck, and be sure to post your time lapse videos!

Yes the towel is for spillage, but I didn't have much this time. Before I started kegging, I used a long tube with the bottle filler on the end so I could move the filler from bottle to bottle without having to hold up every bottle and this way resulted in almost no spillage, but that tube was dirty from not being used in so long, so I did it the old fashioned way. That's a good tip to do it over the dishwasher or any bucket really.

This may be a dumb question, but what kind of bottle filler is used in that video? My bottle filler that came with my kit doesn't fit onto the spigot. I have to attach tubing to the spigot and the bottle filler to the end of the tubing. Do I just need a bigger bottle filler?

Great video! Perhaps this is a stupid qurstipn but your wife wont be pregnant by the time she gets around to drinking this will she?

This may be a dumb question, but what kind of bottle filler is used in that video? My bottle filler that came with my kit doesn't fit onto the spigot. I have to attach tubing to the spigot and the bottle filler to the end of the tubing. Do I just need a bigger bottle filler?

No just get a piece of tubing big enough to connect the 2 that is about 2-3 inches and use 2 hose clamps to secure them.

IMAG0035.jpg

congrats man. I'm in the same boat. My first is due jan 1(or anytime now) so I brewed alot back to back to keep my pipeline full while busy figuring this whole "BABY" thing out.

Congrats. It has been fun brewing every other week for the last couple months, hopefully I can get back to a semi regular schedule fairly quickly, who knows.

Back