I just ate a whole roll of Ritz crackers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonyBrew

Who rated my beer?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After a couple large beers I get the munchies at night. Tonight it was the Ritz cracker box that took the beating.

What have been your late night munchy pigouts?

Tortilla chips and Pace hot picante sauce. SWMBO and I should own stock in Pace.

FOr some reason lately after consuming a few Barleywines I crave cheese.....But I have very little sliced or wedged cheese on hand. I use a lot of grated cheese in cooking and alway have a ton of pre grated store bought bags in my fridge.

So I when I get this way (which I just did 10 minutes ago oddly enough) Is grab hand fulls of the cheese and either tilt my head back and try to drop it all in my mouth or I crush it together into wads and eat that. Then when I get down to the bottom, I end up just tilting the back above my mouth and dumping it in...which inevitably ends up on my lap, or down the front of my shirt. :rolleyes:

Funny you started this thread...I was just laughing about all this with myself.

:mug:

Cheese, yes. Even better, tortilla chips with shredded cheese and whatever the hell I can find in the fridge to put on them. Direct from the oven.

FOr some reason lately after consuming a few Barleywines I crave cheese.....But I have very little sliced or wedged cheese on hand. I use a lot of grated cheese in cooking and alway have a ton of pre grated store bought bags in my fridge.

So I when I get this way (which I just did 10 minutes ago oddly enough) Is grab hand fulls of the cheese and either tilt my head back and try to drop it all in my mouth or I crush it together into wads and eat that. Then when I get down to the bottom, I end up just tilting the back above my mouth and dumping it in...which inevitably ends up on my lap, or down the front of my shirt. :rolleyes:

Funny you started this thread...I was just laughing about all this with myself.

:mug:

All that cheese Revvy, thank God for the active yeast in homebrew...

Tater tots. Baked just a little while longer than the instructions say.

I love me some tater tots... with salsa...

And another beer... and reruns of sitcoms from the 80s...

It's time for Nightcourt!

Ritz crackers, sharp cheddar, and sweet pickles. There's really nothing better.

Sounds strange, I know, but do yourself a favor and give it a shot.

The other night I ate an entire jar of these while watching "House":

yhst-32784555675698_2075_14281948

They're not really all that spicy, but they're pretty good. They were paired with a nice (OK, my own crappy) American Red. And I'm not even pregnant, that I know of.

All the Thanksgiving leftovers are gone, although we did make soup and I have some mashed potatoes and stuffing still to make.

I often eat a whole pack of Breton crackers with, or without, soup.

The first meal on the day after Turkey Day was four ears of corn, scraped, with a half a dish of stuffing. Nummy.

My wife buys these Japanese potato chips that are like crack. It kills me when she opens one of those bags and eats like four chips. Especially after I've been drinking a beer or two, that bag is going nowhere but empty.

Cereal with milk

Usually corn flakes or raisin bran, or any other cereal we buy in bulk at costco, so that if I eat half the container, it doesn't seem as bad as downing a full regular box. :D

I once ate an entire pint of jalapeno relish on Ritz crackers in 1 sitting; I paid dearly for my foolishness later on.

Last time I destroyed a half bag of my kids' goldfish crackers. The little suckers never stood a chance.

I usually go for hard pretzels and sharp cheddar.

Also, I suspect weight gain issues aren't due solely to the beer, but moreso due to the snacking that goes with it! Some of those ideas sound mighty tasty, but my arteries are hardening by READING it!

Now I want Philadelphia cream cheese and pickapeppa sauce with crackers.

Nothing beats that. Nothing.

Cheese and crackers (or my homemade pita chips) probably tops my munchie list more often than not, along with nuts. Beef jerky is up there, too. Anything crunchy or crispy also should run and hide when I've had a few. Olives, pickles, and other stuff like that are always in my sights.

And, somebody mentioned hummus. I love hummus.

TL

Back