history channel 8:00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The history of BREWING follows at 9:00 EST :ban: :ban: :ban:

I've seen it before, but have a new found interest now that I am homebrewing. :rockin:

Yeah, about 5 min after I posted I saw they are doing brewing next.

Ohhh... they are talking about malting, mashing......munic now, gots to go......

Well, the bud brewery they are at definately isn't the one in NH. I've inspected all the cranes there, and that isn't it.

I have found myself yelling at the TV with them talking about bud. I
mean it really isn't beer.

It still is interesting tho.

Ha! Yeah St. Louis. I clicked on the TV and there it was. Didn't know it was on and of course you guys had already found it :mug: Good thing they've moved on to the history..... :rockin:

Ize

Jimmy Carter.
The best president in the world.

Legalized home brewing.

Thank you Jimmy Carter, you rock.
I think this may be on the way to the drunken rambling forum.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I could of sworn when they were talking to that guy about hydometers he said that as the alcohol content rises so does the hydrometer!

Alembic said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I could of sworn when they were talking to that guy about hydometers he said that as the alcohol content rises so does the hydrometer!

No, he said as sugar content rises so does the hydrometer giving a high alcohol potential. Then when the sugars have fermented the hydrometer will sink.

Very cool program, I happened to be flipping through the channels and caught it from the beginning. It was cool to see Dogfish Head and Sam Adams. Anheuser Bush is impressive on the scale/volume they brew, but it is terrible beer. The show kind of explained that after WWII breweries had to use ingredients that yielded a lighter beer and that established the brews we now have by Bush, Miller, and Coors. Fortunately, we homebrewers have a pallate for a better beer!

I recorded it, since I've been washing bottles for the last hour and a half... :mad:

that's okay, bottles are ready for sanitizing and mr first brew this Saturday. :tank: :mug:

gonna watch the history of brewing now :rockin:

That was cool. :rockin:

As a kid, I liked Jimmy the peanut farmer. Evern wrote to him as a freshman and got an actual letter back. Not some generic form crap... So I was impressed...

BUT NOW I know why I REALLY liked him!!!! :rockin: :rockin:

Ize

i was trying to remember those figures to tell some guys at work the other day, but i couldn't remember.

now i got it..

1870's - 1600 American Breweries
After Prohibition - 160 American Breweries
1980 - 60 American Breweries
Today - 1400 American Breweries

here's to the home and micro brewers EDIT: and Jimmy
:mug: :tank:
icon_jook.gif
030.gif

I'll be taping because I want to check it out again. I do like how they made it easily undertandable without dumbing it down. I really dug how they explained Lambics... All in all a good job IMHO.... :mug:

And for the record I am VERY intrigued in the Utopias from Sam Adams. Anyone sampled this? "Beer extreme" indeed... Laughed my a$$ off when I heard "Ninja Yeast"... Where the hell is the "Pirate Yeast"? ;)

Ize

The brewpub they filmed some segments in is about a mile from me. The Red Car Brewery. Great little place.

Latest posts

Back