Fruit Beer Questions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy_Merk

Reaction score
So i just started brewing. I've brewed two batches thus far (Belgian Triple just got bottled and World Series Wheat beer is in the carboy). I would like to experiment as much as I can early on - that being said, I'm planning on bottling a case of the World Series Wheat after a week in primary (if gravity permits) and then use the rest (2-2.5 gallons) to experiment with...

I would like to try a few different fruits (apricot, blueberry, apple, maybe even raisin). The question is - could I use half-gallon growlers as mini secondaries? and if so what would i cap them with?

any other help would be appreciated...

cheers, roy

How bout drilling a hole in a growler lid, adding a grommet & an airlock?

Never done it or thought about it, but I *should* work.

let us know how it turns out.

How bout drilling a hole in a growler lid, adding a grommet & an airlock?

Never done it or thought about it, but I *should* work.

let us know how it turns out.

this wil work. WHen i got my growlers a bung came with it so i just use that for an airlock. but if you don't feel like buying one then just do what zac said

Could 2 liter soda bottles be used as fermenters for experimental batches?

Either the cap could be drilled for a grommet, or a small rubber stopped used for the airlock.

ya, that's what i was thinking with the hole in the top. still undecided about what to do.

i might just do half with a fruit called an asian or white pear. they're delicious and available at the local growers market.

if i were to put 2 gallons in a 6 gallon bucket, would the extra leg room matter?

Back