Am I a mutant?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you like more?

• Drinking

• Brewing

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leadgolem

Reaction score
I enjoy brewing more then I enjoy drinking. Does that make me a mutant? :fro:

Hard call. As much as the two are connected, they are dissimilar experiences, so hard to compare. But since you're not really doing anything when you drink, and I like keeping busy, I went with brewing. And I have 40 gallons of bottled beer and most of my 10 fermenters full though so I guess that proves it.

I am way more into the process than drinking the actual product. I love homebrew, don't get me wrong. But I am just fascinated by turning raw materials into something consumable and hitting your target numbers along the way.. Perhaps it's the challenge..

As for you being a mutant, that is still totally possible.. =)

I'd have to say that tasting, AKA sampling, AKA drinking, is part of the brewing process... so by saying brewing I'm also saying drinking... so yeah.

Man I wish you guys that like the brewing more than the drinking lived near me.
I would love to help you out with making room in another keg so you could keep the brewing going!

That being said, I enjoy the brewing but without the drinking it would be pointless to me.

I never would have started if I didn't enjoy very good beer. I enjoy it a lot!

Leadgolem said:
I enjoy brewing more then I enjoy drinking. Does that make me a mutant? :fro:

Answers to poll brewing/drinking.

This poll makes no sense.

Edit: ahhh never mind, on the android app it doesnt show you the question above the poll like it does on a pc browser.

Can we merge this thread with the one where the homebrewer doesn't drink? Then we can keep all the uninteresting babble in one thread. ;)

Definetly brewing....although I do love drinking the beer just not as much as making the beer. An example would be that I rarely buy commerical beers. If I do it's to better learn a style or to try and clone it. In fact I don't really get how people can be so into beer, i.e. a beer geek, and NOT be a homebrewer. To me it doesn't make any sense at all.

dbrewski said:
Can we merge this thread with the one where the homebrewer doesn't drink? Then we can keep all the uninteresting babble in one thread. ;)

Psst--if you rearrange the letters of the OP's name, you get 'thisisjohnbrown' ;)

Back