Slow start

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwa-brewing

Reaction score
Started a batch of blueberry pomegranate last night using 3 gallons of rw Knudsen juices. Got the specific gravity around 1.070 added pectic enzyme, started the yeast a little later then added it in.

Checked it this morning couldn't see any action in the airlock, opened the bucket and I can see bubbles from fermentation...

Not thinking about it, the juice and everything in the water may have been a little to cool, its being kept at 74 degrees, should I just give the yeast a chance to really pick up or do I need to do something?

Nwa-brewing said:
Started a batch of blueberry pomegranate last night using 3 gallons of rw Knudsen juices. Got the specific gravity around 1.070 added pectic enzyme, started the yeast a little later then added it in.

Checked it this morning couldn't see any action in the airlock, opened the bucket and I can see bubbles from fermentation...

Not thinking about it, the juice and everything in the water may have been a little to cool, its being kept at 74 degrees, should I just give the yeast a chance to really pick up or do I need to do something?

Give it a day or two.

Back