Goose Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDCore

Reaction score
So, I'm in San Diego and I would have never heard of this brewery if it wasn't for this site. With that being said does anyone know where I can try some? Get some? Buy Some? What styles to try? I have only heard good things from you guys and I love good craft brew so I thought I'd ask.

New Homebrewer

I got a bunch of their Belgian stuff in the garage along w/ some 2009 Xmas Beer (which is awesome), Ill do a trade with you if you want. Id love to get some of Russian Rivers Sour stuff.;)

hah yeah Russian River is easy for me to pick up :) Location, Location, Location plus it helps that Stone is there distrubutor. What sours would you want, ya know if you're serious. Ya know dependent if I could find the ones you want. Which reminds me I was at Stone a few weeks ago and had a Pliny the Elder and a Pliny the Younger :) God I love those beers..

Their Honkers Ale is a great session beer. I also like their IPA a lot, it's described as an English IPA (I think the grain bill is 100% English base malt) but it has a lot of nice American hop flavor. It's not crazy and over the top like a lot of IPAs these days, just a very well balanced beer.

I am in love with there "sophie" and "matilda". If you have not ever had a saison, or a beer with Brett, try them. They are my favorite beers of all time.

SDCore said:
So, I'm in San Diego and I would have never heard of this brewery if it wasn't for this site. With that being said does anyone know where I can try some? Get some? Buy Some? What styles to try? I have only heard good things from you guys and I love good craft brew so I thought I'd ask.

New Homebrewer

I've only seen it at one place and it's on my list of things to get. A place next to my house called Jumbo's liquor. It's next to the clairemont DMV. Great beer selection.

I am in love with there "sophie" and "matilda". If you have not ever had a saison, or a beer with Brett, try them. They are my favorite beers of all time.

I opened a bottle of Matilda last night. It's one of the best beers I have ever had. I'll be picking up a bunch more next time I'm in Chicago.

Drinking a Goose Island IPA right now. Since I'm a few hours from Chicago, it is very common at stores around here. Bottles are great too, sturdy and the labels fall right off in the dishwasher without residue.

Ah, Well this is all good info :) Thanks. I'm a huge fan of sours and Big IPAs so this sounds right up my alley. To me it's all about Rogue, Russian River, Stone, and Port Brewing :) I'm a west coast craft man I guess. I am really looking forward to having Goose Island, and if anyone else knows some smaller named brewers that are doing good things let me know.

I opened a bottle of Matilda last night. It's one of the best beers I have ever had. I'll be picking up a bunch more next time I'm in Chicago.

I had Sophie & Matilda at the house and I would have shared if you had come by:D

Summertime Kolsch is pretty nice and now that the June Gloom is behind you. Head over to Hash House and have a snicker's pancake or the sage fried chicken and waffles for me!

Back