Bobby_M in New Orleans Jan 26-28 Beer me.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Staying near Canal/Bourbon St intersection. Looking to share a pint with a homebrewtalker if I can ditch some clients in the evenings. Getting in town Tuesday, leaving Friday AM.

Screw craft beer - go get some Hurricanes over at Pat O'Brien's and see if anyone want to show you their beads!

Just kidding - looks like there are two close by Crescent City Brewhouse and Gordon Biersch Brewery close by....

good luck and enjoy N.O.

If you haven't tried them, most Abita beers are very good. They should be on tap everywhere. Turbo Dog is one of my fav's.

I usually just break down and drink Old Fashioned's in NOLA. I always hit Molly's at the Market when I'm there, 1107 Decatur Street. They usually have something drinkable on tap.

I'm pretty familiar with Abita's beers because they get them at a place called Old Bay in New Brunswick, NJ. I grabbed some Abita Select which is apparently a RIS. Good stuff.

Avenue Pub on St. Charles in the Garden District has a great beer selection. Check out avenuepub.com to see whats on tap. The dba on Frenchman has a nice selection too.

Avenue stocks NOLA brewing company beers, there are only 2 or three. The Bulldog is one of the main places to get a good variety, 50 taps at the two locations. Look for the Abita Select tap. Its a limited release tap that is only local and has whatever Abita decides to release on it. You can also occupationally find beers from Heiner Brau, Kolsh and a Mirzen. And there is Lazy magnolia from MS that you can find around.

Hope this helps.

Will

Hey Bobby. I absolutely love New Orleans. I try to get down there once a year. My wife and I got married down there.

However, while there, rather than look for the quality beer, look for the quality food. New Orleans is a foody-haven. They have flavors and culinary ideas the people up here in the Northeast couldn't even dream of.

Go down to the other side of Decatur. There is a little hole in the wall called Fiorellas that has real homecooked food at very reasonable prices. Pretty close to there is a place called Mojo's that has some pretty mean tasty sammiches (pool table too).

If you want an authentic Po'Boy, but don't want to leave the French Quarter, check out Johnny's PoBoys (no relation). I recommend a Muffaletta if you haven't tried it already.

If you see an acme oyster house, pull in for a dozen char grilled oysters. You'll be tempted to eat the shells, I promise.

There is a place called Lagers on Veterans just West of Causeway, not a great tap selection but better than most. Food sucks though.

There is also a must try place called Brewster's on Veterans too. It's west of Causeway too.

Back