Stainless Steele Carbonation Cap (Nightmare)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicMike

Reaction score
I purchased the Stainless Steele carbonation cap from OntarioBeerKegs and Patrick was nothing but awesome to deal with. Nothing about the company or their service is what I am complaining about but rather the product itself.

The product came and I used it for for a few weeks, now the retainer clip fell off. Not sure if was due to the pressure that it didn't hold strong enough or it got bent and I lost it but without it I was SOL. Long story short I called Patrick and he told me that I would have to buy the specific part from any Hardware store since he gets the whole product shipped to him and no way of selling individual parts. I completely understood him and I thought it was a piece of cake considering the advice given to me plus how hard could it be to find this special piece.

Today was the day I completely gave up, not only did I visit every hardware store in the city but I even went as far as visiting RC Hobby shops and small engine repair shops for the part. No one could help me, I went as far as contacting Alibaba distributors and got nothing. So I took the next and final step for some hope that someone online on this forum can assist me and any others who might fall to this trap of a nightmare.

The product only costs $15 and it's a heck of a deal compared to the plastic one which I can only find for $20-$25 on eBay and those are all american sites so because I am Canadian I am stuck with a higher shipping fee so it would of costed me a lot more then an already high priced item. As far as terminology goes for the part I am looking for I came across various names which Google images helped me identify but I was still clueless because the few that I did find were 4mm in length and I'm looking for somewhere around 15mm-17mm in length.

The clip I am talking about which I will illustrate looks like a "C-clip" but it's shaped like the letter "G" where it forms the C and then one of the tips curves in to form the letter "G".

09130-carbonator-cap-stainless-steel-th.jpg

LRP39294_md.jpg

The metal bar has no meaning to any of this, I just wanted to show you the clips.

I don't even know the proper name for this and because this was made from some unknown manufacturer I wouldn't know if the parts are even related to something from a lawn motor or a rc car.

Here is what I found:

- Reed Retainer - Circlip
- Piston Retaining Clip Ring
- Sherco Piston C-clip
- LRP Wrist Pin & Clip
- G Clip Spring Retainer
- Traxxas 3235 G-Clip Spring, Piston Pin Retainers

The closest thing I got was finding a manufacturer of this hellava device and all this person did was talk wholesale prices to me, nothing about individual part price list. Sure I can probably get the thing now for close to $6/piece if I purchase 300+ of them lol

Any help is appreciated, oh and the picture of the clip I posted isn't the "actual" one seeing as how I can't even find it anywhere.

This would be a godsend. And I'm not purchasing another one when this one is perfectly fine except for that piece. No pun intended Pat, I might have to however if I can't find anyone. I'm without my carbonation cap and I cannot make any soda, and just today I received my first batch of Coke syrup which I am dying to try out but cannot because of this. Admin should make this a sticky until it gets resolved hahaha.

Google "G Clip spring". Hopefully you can find something within Canada!

Edit: What does it actually do within the carbonator cap assembly?

I already searched for that "thanks by the way", but all these results ended in a null result. Like I said I've already given up on the search I'm depending on someone else to do the homework for me I am exhausted of wasting gas and making calls. The clip holds down the spring which is needed so when you connect the gas connector to the cap it seals in properly to let in the gas.

Sorry, didn't mean to be condescending! When I Google'd, I got quite a few pages of results, just mostly US companies since it's more common use is for US-made RC cars. Nice work!

I found a lot too but when I called in the ones made for RC card are 4mm in length, which is really, really small.

Latest posts

Back