Greek night Gyros

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So tonight my wife and I are having a Greek-themed dinner party. We're making a Gyros loaf according to how Alton Brown makes it on Good Eats.

Along with that we've got the tzatziki sauce, Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, white beans, shrimp, Ouzo, and some CD full of Greek dancing songs.

Buttsechs jokes aside what else would you guys plan for a Greek dinner? Anyone have any recipes to swap?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would forgo the Greek plate smashing dance thingy in favour of a Greek music CD smashing dance thingy.....Yes, I've seen the cheese shop sketch. ;)

I love dolmades. About once a year I will make a big batch and freeze a bunch.

I also make my own pita...it's not very hard and they cook really fast.

I have made that Alton Brown recipe before but there's some essential ingredient missing from his recipe that I cannot quite figure out.

btw.. the flaming cheese is made with Halloumi cheese that is breaded, pan fried, and doused in some sort of high proof alcohol. Halloumi is not as salty as feta.

The stuff does, indeed, rock.

Back