Can I Pitch Yeast One Day Later?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart194

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on brewing this weekend, but a small window just opened up. If I start brewing tomorrow morning by 5:00am I think I can pull it off. The problem is that I haven't started my yeast starter yet. I usually put it on the stir plate for 24 hours, then put it in the refrigerator for 24 hours, then decant and pitch right after I'm done brewing.

Can I brew tomorrow, leave the cooled wort in the swamp cooler at 60 degrees through the night, then aerate and pitch the next day? Would this hurt anything?

Thanks!

If it is not a real big starter, just make the starter the night before (tonight). and then pitch the whole thing when you are done brewing. I do it all the time.

Honestly, I'd do the starter now and pitch everything, just leaving off the cold crash step, unless it's a really big starter. I usually decant off my starter beer too, but have been known to toss everything in for a short notice brew.

Edit: looks like beergolf beat me to it!

Back