Cheap Painters Scaffold Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPORT546

Reaction score
So in another thread someone asked me to post more about this. I've been putting this together in the basement this winter and have yet to use it, but looking forward to it. My goal was to make a cheap brewstand with as much equipment as possible I already had. I work at a paint store and it came to me to use a painters scaffold ($99 on sale, cheaper for me:)) its rated to 500 pounds and adjustable and already on casters. I added some 2"x8"x8' to provide for storage under the mash tun for the keggles and propane tank. Bungee cords keep things from falling off while its being moved. I used pipe straps (rotate the 2nd picture in your mind) to mount secure the 2x8s and some "U" bolts to bolt down the fryers. Because the cooler drain is on the left everthing moves right to left. I have a one gallon aluminum pitcher with quart measurments to move the water from the HLT to the mash tun. Gravity moves everthing from there. I will most likely to add some sort of hinged supports directly under the fryers to prevent tip overs. That is pretty much it, suggestions and constructive criticism is welcome.

brew rig.JPG

pipe strap.JPG

fryer mount.JPG

keggle on fryer.JPG

Back