All grain version for this ginger peach extract brew ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewman !

Reaction score
What would the AG recipe for this brew look like ? (What would you use for the 5 pounds of LDME and 1 pound of Amber DME ?)

http://www.basicbrewing.com/databas...nction=details&where_field=id&where_value=115

I don't have Saaz hops in my fridge. I have Tetnanger, Perle and some Hallertauer. Are any of these a suitable substitute ?

How should I mash it ?

BTW: I contacted basic brewing and they told me that one could use Safale US56, Wyeast 1056 or White Labs California Ale yeast in place of the California Common.

9# of pale malt and a pound of xtal 30 will get you pretty close. As far as the hops go, Saaz is probably closest to Tet. and Hallertau, npt the perle - perle tends to be pretty neutral.

9.5# pale and .5# of xtal 80 will also work and would probably be less chewy.

Here is what QBrew spits out. The ABV is a little low because the calc doesn't take into a account the fermentable sugars in the peaches.

Ginger Peach Ale

Recipe Ginger Peach Ale Style Generic Ale
Brewer Me Batch 3.00 gal
Mashed

Recipe Characteristics
Recipe Gravity 1.044 OG Estimated FG 1.011 FG
Recipe Bitterness 18 IBU Alcohol by Volume 4.3%
Recipe Color 12° SRM Alcohol by Weight 3.4%

Ingredients
Quantity Grain Use
4.50 lb Canadian two-row mashed
0.50 lb Crystal 80L mashed
Quantity Hop Form Time
0.50 oz Hallertauer pellet 60 minutes
0.25 oz Hallertauer pellet 30 minutes
0.25 oz Hallertauer pellet 0 minutes
Quantity Misc Notes
1.00 unit Ale yeast smack pack
2.5 pounds Peaches fresh, peeled. Add to fermentor at 160F after boil for 20 minutes

Recipe Notes
Original extract recipe from www.basicbrewing. "Ginger Pale Ale" by Steve Wilkes.

I really like vanilla and cinnamon. I think they would go well with the peaches. Anyone have experience using these in beers or how I would go about substituting them ?

Back