Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to be around for the draft so I will delete my team and bring the # of teams down to 12. There's no sense letting yahoo auto-pick for me, I would only get a crappy team. No one else needs to join so Dude, set the limit to 12.

If you need an extra - I'm registered, but haven't confirmed. I can join if you need someone, but if you don't - no biggie

what about an offline draft? We draft the players at our liesure, then I input them later. We could leisurely do it until Wednesday, keep a thread going on here to bug whomevers pick it is/smack talk/etc., and that way all 14 interested peeps get in.

I say we try it, WTF.

Dude said:
what about an offline draft? We draft the players at our liesure, then I input them later. We could leisurely do it until Wednesday, keep a thread going on here to bug whomevers pick it is/smack talk/etc., and that way all 14 interested peeps get in.

I say we try it, WTF.

So, does that mean you need me in???

rdwj said:
So, does that mean you need me in???

I'd like some feedback from teh guys who are in, but yes, prolly. Can you keep checkign for a little while? I'll give oyu the go ahead in a bit.

We need to get Floyd back in so it might be later tonight. I sent him a PM about it.

What about everyone else? I've never done an offline draft but it seems like the answer here. That way we have 3 days to get it done. I like it.

offline is fine with me but I'm heading out in a couple minutes so do whatever you guys want to do. I'll check back in later tonight.

Alright, rdwj, get in. We are locked down at 14 now.

I'm also making a command decision--offline draft. Todays live draft is CANCELLED. Once the last 2 are in--I'm starting the offline draft.

Keep a watch out on HBT or on yahoo FFB for your picks. Don't hold everyone else up. We have 3 days to do this. Let's try to get it done before that.

Sorry for all the confusion, but that damn hurricane FUBAR'd me for a few days. I've got power now, and I'm able to un**** this thing now. Offline draft will be fun I think.

Alright, I'm going to start a separate offline draft thread--all we need to do is use that thread to keep track of the players picked. Let it all hang out. Smack talk, remind whomever to pick, etc. Let's help each other out to make sure no duplicate picks are taken or whatever. Might be confusing at first but once we get rolling it should happen fast.

I'll post the random yahoo draft order once everyone is in, and we will start. Again, this will prolly be pretty fun. Use whatever resources you have to make your picks, keep track of them (I'll do this too--but DO keep notes please) and I'll input everything once we are done.

Stay tuned for the new thread.

Offline draft - There's some reading up there on how that works? I got to take off to Home D & petsmart; to get the aquarium tank cleaner thing for the CFC. Brewtime next weekend.

damnit...i woke up from a nap, saw the time, scrambled for the laptop, and found that we still can't get our **** together. :)

-walker

An offline draft will be like this:

1. I'll post the random draft order (once everyone is in the league).
2. Once the order is set, we'll start drafting based on the draft order, 1-14, then the 14th pick immediately picks again and we go backwards to 1, and then just like that until we have gone through all the rounds.

3. We'll draft in a separate thread on here. For example, Let's say Walker is first pick, Floyd is second, and DesertBrew is 3rd (We'll only use 3 as an example). Walker will start out and post his pick in the thread that I created. Floyd is then immediately up to pick at his leisure, once he picks and posts his pick in the draft thread, then DB picks. Once DB picks, he immediately picks again, then Floyd, then Walker.

We have 3 days to do this. Like I said, we have to help each other out. We have to pay attention to make sure no one picks the same player twice. If oyu see someone do it, post in the thread and tell them to edit their pick.

Feel free to talk smack and feel free to have fun.

Anyone else still confused?

Not confused, but it seems like it'd be a lot more work this way. Oh well...

My only question is when does this draft start? How do we know when it's our turn? If its tonight fine but I'm probably going to be out of town tommorrow and I would hate to hold everyone up.:drunk:

It will be, but it will be fun, and really their will be no huge hurry. I wanted everyone to get a fair chance to be able to draft who they wanted. Getting stuck with some of those autopicks REALLY sucks. This way it is 100% fair.

If someone has a problem with this--speak now or forever hold your peace. :D

2nd Street Brewery said:
My only question is when does this draft start? How do we know when it's our turn? If its tonight fine but I'm probably going to be out of town tommorrow and I would hate to hold everyone up.:drunk:

Maybe we should set up some kind of time limit--and I can pick for whomever based on the yahoo standard rankings. I dunno. I just want it to be fair for all involved.

Gawd...this MIGHT be a nightmare....LOL....

I should just say autodraft and give everyone 24 hours to pre-rank and I'll jsut set the draft to go tomorrow night. Looking for suggestions here peeps.

you have a cell phone 2nd-street? you can draft via text message while out of town. we'll text you when it's your turn and you can text back your selection.

Dude... I can help you out with this since I've got nothing else really going on at the present time.

I can keep a webpage updated on my server with a list of all players already drafted if it helps.

-walker

Not bitching bro just looking for info. Never did a FFH league so I'm not sure how we are doing this. It's all for fun no matter what way we do it right. If we are going to do it offline I just want to know when we start. If we are going to to do an auto darft thats cool too. Hell, I was only going to go with the highest ranked player available anyway:D Basically Dude, do what you feel is easiest based on what everyone wants. Me, I'm just some guy that got sprayed in the face by my beer yesterday:ban:

Walker. I have no idea if my phone supports texting. I'm a tech geek but these cell phones have me bolluxed(SIC)

If we could all meet at a bar... No, that ain't gonna work :tank:. I personally think the offline draft might take too long to get through. We effectively have today/Mon (most of us) and then workie starts up. time zone's and such we could wait hours for the next guy's turn. Others get frustrated and get off, check a couple hours later. This could take more than 3 days to get through and a lot of interuptions (spelled pissed off wife) throughout the next couple o days.

I personally think a live draft would get it done best and be done with it. How much time between selections? If I were commish I'd look at what draft times are available for tomorrow; do a new poll thread to see where the majority would like to do it and make that it. At least we got past the odd team count which was our initial issue. My opinion.

Sorry, I just got logged back on. I signed up....again. :)

Dude, I never got your PM that you mentioned earlier on in this thread.

As I said earlier- getting a live draft organized it almost impossible-too many headaches. I'm brewing today and will not be checking for my turn to draft all day long, and then it's time to go back to work. I've pre-ranked players and am letting Yahoo do the rest and the consequences be damned. I'm not being pissy here, honest. That's just the easiest way, IMHO. Git-r-Done!:mug:

Well the wife and I are taking the grandson to the Catskill Game farm before it closes for good so I won't be home untill sometime later this afternoon. My players are ranked so if you decide to do an autodraft its all good with me.

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and happy Labor day:mug: . I'll check in later

Seems like whatever we do, it's got to be today. If we wait until tomorrow, there is no room for error.

I vote you set a live draft up for tonight or get this offline thing started ASAP.

Oh, and my home connection is back up. The woman at Verizon who helped me out was nice, but I was pretty pissed off when I called them on Sunday.

"All of our phone lines are full. Please hang up and call back later..."

YOU'RE F*CKING VERIZON! HOW THE F*CK DO YOU RUN OUT OF PHONE LINES?!?!

Oh, so I thought a live/auto draft was something you could interact with if you were there, else it picked for you. Man, this is a pain to kick off...

I think an autodraft is probably the best course of action. We'll have plenty of opportunities to give each other sh*t tomorrow, once we see the teams we all ended up with.

How many rounds is the draft? Are we going to be drafting our entire roster, or will we need to pick up some free agents to fill out the bench?

I don't think it will let us hold ANY kind of draft if we have an odd number of players, meaning that you'd have to find someone else to join (bring the total to 16) or Dude would have to play the role of "The Turk" in addition to commish...

"Coach wants to see you, son.... bring your playbook."

i also think auto draft is the way to go. Otherwise those of us who cant do live draft will be at a disadvantage. We will all be at a disadvantage if we all do auto draft, which is only fair imho.

either way lets get this ball rolling so I can see what crappy players I have to dump!

Dude,

If you haven't done it already, change it to 2 WR's instead of 3 since there are 14 teams. There won't be enough decent WR's for everyone to start 3 and still have at least 1 decent back up.

Back