Finally finished the kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireBrewer

Assistant Brewer
Reaction score
Finally made a collar for my freezer and put some taps on the wall behind my bar:

kegerator.jpg

kegerator02.jpg

shanks.jpg

taps.jpg

Gonna try to get two more on there before the end of summer. Finishing the basement here and there as time and money allow...of course the first wall to have drywall was the one where the taps are. Priorities!

Thanks. The bar's slowly coming along, but operational. It's nothing special, may alter the top and front in the future, but it works for now. ;)

bar.jpg

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
Looks nice. Are you going to cool the beer lines?

Probably not, the length outside the freezer is only 2' and is 3/16" ID hose, so that's less than an ounce over those 2 feet. Put 15 ounces (or more ;) ) on top of that and it doesn't do anything noticable to the temp (at least that's been the experience so far) :mug:

Todd said:
Did you build the bar also?

Nope, got it off Craigslist. :D

Thanks for the kudos!

My tower is mounte don my keggerator. So that only 16" of tubing and I eneded up adding a fan to cool it. The beer woulddry up and mkae the faucets stick (you have ventomatics so should not have that problem) and the first few oz's would foam from being warm.

FireBrewer said:
Probably not, the length outside the freezer is only 2' and is 3/16" ID hose, so that's less than an ounce over those 2 feet. Put 15 ounces (or more ;) ) on top of that and it doesn't do anything noticable to the temp (at least that's been the experience so far) :mug:
Sounds like you will be OK for cool beer, but you might want to wrap the lines with electrical tape to keep the light out.

Great setup. You got me thinking about doing something similar.

and the first few oz's would foam from being warm.

Interesting. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for it. :mug:

Now I just gotta figure out where my CO2 leak is...had to move the CO2 line in on the manifold to the other side (switched the plug and the barb) and now it's leaking. Exchanged a 5# bottle last week and as of Sunday it was EMPTY!! :eek: :mad:

Yeah, had that happen once. Cept mine was a 20lb tank that went dead over night.

You using gas tape or just teflon? I find gas tape works much better.

Once Jester send me those regulators he was kind enough to order for me, I have to fiigure out how to get another beer line into the danby. Currently there is one line and a manifold inside the fridge. More holes makes me nervous as I never did find a diagram for the fridge.

Yeah, had that happen once. Cept mine was a 20lb tank that went dead over night.

:eek:

You using gas tape or just teflon? I find gas tape works much better.

Just teflon. You're talking the yellow gas tape? Gonna have to grab some of that, thanks!

yeah, works MUCH better! It's more money but you need less of it. It's thicker. One or two wraps around should do. Night and day difference.

Roger that. Know what I'm doing tomorrow. ;)

Brewing Clamper said:
Beauty mate! I'm coming over! might take me a while though.... damn!

I'll save ya a spot at the bar. :D

Back