Trying to upgrade to premium membership not very friendly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmac

Reaction score
I have a PP account with a balance but i would rather put membership on CC.
Since CC is accociated to my PP account it won't allow me to use it. I have to pay with my PP balance. So I guess I won't be upgrading any time soon.

PM TX, the site admin. He is probably the only one that can do anything about it, if anything can be done.

Right, but it would be nice if HBT offered another method of upgrade.

I don't know of any website that offers multiple credit card processors. That's not a reasonable request.

If you really don't want to use paypal for some reason, then contact the administrator about paying for your membership via regular mail.

Paypal is an extra layer of protection for all parties. People don't take a form of payment for all kinds of reasons.
If you have been scammed and Pay Pal didn't take care of it that means you didn't do anything about it. I had a bogus charge show up on my Paypal account and by the time I got off the phone (thats right people, I picked up the phone and called someone rather than send an email) there were two more charges. Long story short: all my money was returned in a few days.

To the OP: here's a crazy idea... set your credit card up with Paypal...

It's not quite that easy once paypal starts messing with your accounts. I have a somewhat similar problem. I only have one bank account that I used to register for paypal back in the day. I closed my paypal account. Once you remove a bank account, you cannot add it again. I cannot become a certified user (or whatever the term is) since I don't have another bank account to use for the confirmation.

I have. For a long time. But when I have a balance in my PP account I have to use that first. I know that is not HBT's fault but if HBT gave me an option to use PP or a CC/debit card the problem would not be a problem.

I have. For a long time. But when I have a balance in my PP account I have to use that first. I know that is not HBT's fault but if HBT gave me an option to use PP or a CC/debit card the problem would not be a problem.

I have paypal balance and 2 bank cards set up in paypal. I can choose between any of them to be primary or secondary, and even select each one for each payment, so if I want to use my personal account to buy brewing stuff I select that at checkout time. If I am buying for household, I use the household CC at checkout time.

And I can choose between Instant Payment, or Credit Card payment on both of the cards...

You're kidding, right?
How about just a cc processor?

No, I'm not kidding. Paypal is a credit card processor - a number of organizations I'm involved with use it. And only it.

Have you tried not logging into your PayPal account and just paying with your credit card through PayPal? I do it all the time.

Back