Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine finally!
3776633391_11cf7fdc89_o.jpg

I just took my taps off to soak.
When I get my new perlicks in I'll take another picture. Hopefully then it won't be the junk table as well. At least all my junk is beer related. :)

Here is mine finally!
3776633391_11cf7fdc89_o.jpg

I just took my taps off to soak.
When I get my new perlicks in I'll take another picture. Hopefully then it won't be the junk table as well. At least all my junk is beer related. :)

are those 3 or 5 gallon kegs? which wine fridge is that?

I have been working at Dogfish for about 5 months, I have a sixtel of Lawnmover Ale on tap for now.
I got the Victory handle yesterday along with a sixtel of Prima Pils.

Finally, I get to post here. She ain't pretty, she's my kegerator. Had I put it in a more aesthetically pleasing space than my unfinished basement, she'd be prettier. She fits the decor, I think. :D

0176.JPG

0195.JPG

Here she is. I'm set up right now for two kegs with some shelf space but with the bottom in and shelves out, I can fit 4 kegs or two kegs and two carboys. And I don't think you can see it in the pics but my drip try is a cookie sheet at the bottom of the fridge :)

4803_1112564570706_1124644011_30384.jpg

4803_1112564610707_1124644011_30384.jpg

4803_1112564650708_1124644011_30384.jpg

4803_1112564690709_1124644011_30384.jpg

I don't know if I ever posted mine in here. If so, it probably only had three taps then. Here it is (sorry crappy phone pic):

keezer.jpg

Although I posted my Keezer already, I actually built my Kegerator a few months before it. Realized I never posted the pics. Here it is.

I started out with a Oster 5005 which has been displayed in this thread enough to not warrant pictures. I'll just show my modifications.

Took the top off and drilled the hole to accept the toilet flange (black abs pipe).
IMG_0395.JPG

Then lined it up to finish drilling through the top insulation.
IMG_0393.JPG

I then took 3" black abs pipe and 2 pieces of tubing of a larger diameter than the actual liquid line. I then filled the abs with spray insulation.
IMG_0404.JPG

I then ran the liquid lines up through the sleeves and attached them to the taps.
IMG_0405.JPG

I then fed the lines down into the Kegerator and pressure fit the pipe into the flange and put a cap on it. I sanded down the edge of the cap so it would blend better
IMG_0406.jpg

awesome handles. custom or bought?

Bought. They are Sierra Nevada tap handles which I got off EBay for ~$10/ea. I print the label out, cut them to fit the shield, and then paste them on with a glue stick. Cheap and easy, but still looks pretty nice IMO.

Brian

Nice work! Those stainless Perlicks look great up against that finish on the Doug Fir.

Thanks. I was really impressed as well. I originally went with Behr's 2 step stain process and found out the hard way it was a horrible idea. They have a water based stain that flat out sucks. As I was applying the stain it was drying on contact and then blotting and peeling with each stroke. I was so pissed. I figured if the their standard house paint was good then the stain had to be good too. Wrong. I ended up returning it and had to sand everything down again. Went with Minwax oil based. Only way to go when working with wood. I went to 3 different stores before picking up the wood you see there.

New guy here. Been brewing for about a year and slowly collecting gear. Working on a keezer for the kitchen soon. Until then I have some free craigslist fridges. Excuse the mess as we were finishing up a long brew day.

Just a few shots of my MAJOR upgrade..this is the biggest upgrade I have ever made in my adventures with beer.

fridge%201.jpg

Wolverine pees PURE EXCELLENCE!!!
after%202.jpg
after%203.jpg

If you flirt with the girl behind the counter of your local 711 they will sometimes give you the cardboard movie advertisements.

I'm almost positive those Kenmore freezers are made by Frigidaire. A lot of the details look identical.

thanks guys, that really helps. I need a black freezer because i live in an apt and this is going in my living room and i dont want a white freezer to stand out like a sore thumb. Of course i can get wood and cover it but for the same money i can just get a black freezer.

I don't know how comfortable I would feel covering the sides and front of the one I have with wood. The coils are in the walls, and they act like heat sinks. I'd be concerned that would be impeded by covering them up.

By the way, both Sears and Lowes (where I am, anyway) have to special order those black freezers. Only takes a few days, but they don't keep them in stock.

I don't know how comfortable I would feel covering the sides and front of the one I have with wood. The coils are in the walls, and they act like heat sinks. I'd be concerned that would be impeded by covering them up.

By the way, both Sears and Lowes (where I am, anyway) have to special order those black freezers. Only takes a few days, but they don't keep them in stock.

Lowes in Brooklyn(where I am), says they have it in stock..I don't really mind waiting either way though.

Back