Louisville Ky LHBS store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjdetwiler

Reaction score
I am traveling to Louisville Ky and will be looking for a LHBS store. I will be in a conference all day saturday so I hope to find one that is open on Sunday afternoon. any help will be much appreciated.

i just moved here about 6 months back, i haven't found much when it comes to a LHBS here. then again, i haven't been here long. When i lived up in indy, they had a GREAT LHBS on the north side of town.

the only one i tend to go to is closed on sundays and only stays open till 4 during the week. so the only day i can make it saturday. if you want to know the address of it, i can look it up and send it your way, just PM me.

You are kidding! I know of a fantastic one. The owners are just off the boat german and great to work with.

Where the hell are you Evan?

I heard there is a LHBS across the river in Indiana off the Georgetown exit. I think that is exit 118 on 64 West. You take a left off the exit and go about 5 miles. This is how it was explained to me, it is in the town is Lanesville. Probably a 20 minute drive from Downtown.

I have never been there, just heard about it. If you go, post up and let us know how it is.

Riley Ridge Wine, Beer And Canning Supplies
6335 Riley Ridge Rd
Lanesville, Indiana, 47136
United States
phone: (812) 952-2121

I can't believe I didn't know about that place. i just started brewing about 3 months ago and have pretty much gotten everything online. I will definetly check this place out. Looks to be alright.

Also good to see other Louisvillians who brew!

Thanks for the info. the wine & beer supply wont be open when I can get there, but I found another place. http://www.liquorbarn.com/ They are open from 1-9 on sundays. For some reason they dont have the homebrew stuff on the website, but I called and they said they have it all. I will let you know how it goes.

bjdetwiler said:
Thanks for the info. the wine & beer supply wont be open when I can get there, but I found another place. http://www.liquorbarn.com/ They are open from 1-9 on sundays. For some reason they dont have the homebrew stuff on the website, but I called and they said they have it all. I will let you know how it goes.

The liqour barn has a section devoted to brewing. Its pretty much got the basic stuff. Its not very extensive though to say the least but if you need random items its a good place to pick them up. They do have a great selection of bottled beer though and I usually go there to pick up some micro brew that I've never tried

zugzwang56 said:
The liqour barn has a section devoted to brewing. Its pretty much got the basic stuff. Its not very extensive though to say the least but if you need random items its a good place to pick them up. They do have a great selection of bottled beer though and I usually go there to pick up some micro brew that I've never tried

Thanks. It looks like my only option on a Sunday afternoon, so I will give it a try.

I stopped by the wine and beer supply store today on my lunch break. Very pleasantly surprised. Well stocked with anything you would need and the people there were extremely nice. I just popped in to see how it was and I definitely will go there from now on.
I'm a newer homebrewer and not attacking all grain yet but they had a great assortment of AG incrediants as well as what I thought was a really nice inventory of hops considering the shortage.
If you can pop in sometime I would definitely suggest you do if you are in the Louisville area

Back