Anybody find a good growler tote/carrier??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepystevenson

Reaction score
Hey All,

My girlfriend's mom would like to get me a growler tote /carrier of some sort for my birthday. I guess she's seen me carrying in the "liquid reinforcement" which always gets me through our visits....:D

Anybody have any recommendations? Or reviews? Or ones to avoid??

Here's the one she showed me first, which looks like the standard I have seen at a few different breweries (usually branded with the brewery logo):

Meet the Family

I like the carry strap on it, makes it easy to transport.

This one here is cool and wood:

Wooden Growler Carrier

Looks kinda heavy/bulky though.

Now, this one here is like the brick Sh!thouse of growler transport:

Brian's Beer Totes - Home

Don't think I need anything THAT big/bulky/tough.

While I like this one for its cool keeping ability, it doesn't really make the growler any easier to transport:

Growler KEGLOVE & Ice Blanket Bundle

So, there's a few that I have found. I think that the first "standard" growler tote (first link) looks like the one I am leaning towards.....

But, I KNOW there has to be some other ones out there that I haven't seen yet. So, any advice, let me know!

I'll have to take a picture of the carrier I got from Harvest Moon here in NJ. It's an insulated bag that will hold two growlers. It's the bee's knees for growler totage.

-Joe

the keg glove looks like it would be great with the ice pack

+1 and it would not be hard to fashion a carrying strap if you know how to use a sewing machine, or rivet a leather strap, or something. I may actually get one of those!

EDIT: Or run a loop through the finger hole and use as a carrying handle...

Check out my growler in this thread. It's a custom-made, hand-blown glass growler. The website is here.

I know that you can choose from one of the designs on the website, or send him a design and he'll create it for you. He can make a variety of colors, and even glow-in-the-dark growlers.

my dad is a custom furniture maker. he makes a 2 growler tote similar to the one shown in first link, although he makes it out of 1/4" hardwood (or softwood) mine is cherry. This makes it very light and easy to carry/transport. He also includes removable dividers that go in the two holes so you can use it to carry 8 regular bottles as well. i can find it right now or id take a picture.

If you are interested send me a PM and ill put you int touch with him.

Back