Sad sad day..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3RiverBrewer

Reaction score
The picture speaks for itself... 5 gallons gone before I could even try it..:(

I guess I will have to drink my sorrows away..:mug:

Disaster.jpg

The picture speaks for itself... 5 gallons gone before I could even try it..:(

I guess I will have to drink my sorrows away..:mug:

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that an auto siphon stuck into the beery demise? Are you gonna try to drink it? Kudos to you for the effort. (I probably would have done the same thing!!!)

Sorry for your loss, though.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that an auto siphon stuck into the beery demise? Are you gonna try to drink it? Kudos to you for the effort. (I probably would have done the same thing!!!)

Homebrewers drink their mistakes, right?:mug:

It is an auto siphon took about 10 minutes but it did the job..

The keg actually didn't crack. The disconnect OUT developed a hairline fractrue and misted 5 gallons onto the other kegs.. End result: lost 5 gallons of beer, all of my CO2, and had a nasty clean up. Everything is back in order now and my stout is just going to have to be put in place a month earlier than I had hope.

Welcome to the keezer club...every member has or will have experienced that catastrophe in their life.

Mine was a Pilsner this last Spring.
Got one glass before she bled out.

I still miss that beer...*sniff*

Happened twice to me - Once a friend didn't close the tap rigth and it kept draining. Lost about half.

Second, the wife put something in the keezer, and just let it shut on it's own as she walked away. Impact opened the tap and again lost at least 3/4...:smack:

Back