Oxygenate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopOnHops

Reaction score
Im starting to look into brewing KT. I am wondering if it is beneficial to oxygenate the tea before putting in the scoby? Im an active homebrewer, is there any equipment that a homebrewer has that could be used in brewing KT?

It does need some air supposedly. Oxygenating it specifically I don't think would be beneficial. Basic instructions are to not allow the water to boil too much, or even cut off the heat before it gets to boiling (boiling is too hot for the tea anyway). Then sometimes I pour the tea back and forth between two jars a couple times to get some more air dissolved.

Homebrew equipment that could be used in making KT, well swing top bottles are really nice for bottling KT if you want it to be carbonated. Depending on how much you're going to make you could heat the water in one of your kettles for the tea.

Back