Where to go around Tacoma, WA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harmons does alright, on Pacific (IIRC) in downtown area. If you don't mind a drive head over to Buckley and hit up Elk Head, they don't know how to brew a bad beer.

Absolutely hit up elk head. Don't waste your time on trade route in auburn. You Absolutely HAVE to go to the Red Hot bar on 6th Ave. The best beers and gourmet hot dogs. They always have the greatest beers on tap and the bartenders and atmosphere are great. This place was featured on the food network btw. Tacoma boys off of pearl st. Has 500 different types of beer and the best produce around. If you want the best sandwich you've ever had go to MSM off of 6th Ave and get a Mikes deluxe, they have a great selection of beers in this dive but will crack the beer and let you eat and drink in the back. Just don't go during lunch as it takes forever. Asian fusion restaurant downtown called Indochine is fantastic, get the crispy fish. Across the street from there is El goucho for an amazing steak but expensive. Down on dock st. Is jonnys dockside, order the steamer clams and a brew, you'll love it. Katie downs off of Ruston way has amazing fish and chips and great atmosphere. Next to them is the ram for a mean burger or my favorite, the black and Bleu steak sandwich. Hope this helps, btw the adriatic grill at the tacoma mall is amazing food and decent beer order their bolognese. The parkway tavern is probably the coolest and most trendy place to get a beer in tacoma, largest selection of great beers in town. Hope this all helps, what are ya doing in tacoma btw?

And not sure if you're from the state but red hook in Woodinville is always fun to visit and black raven has some really great beers in Redmond, they're in an industrial complex. ELYSIAN brewery has two locations in Seattle and is my personal favorite around.

I concure with Trade Route, they are ok for a local, but if you are in from out of town it'd be a waste of time as there are many nicer and better places. Patty Coynes has a great atmosphere and respectable food and beer if you enjoy the Irish feel. As a mug club member I can vouch for The Ram...food is respectable and beer is ok, not spectacular but the best that is close to where I live so worth my membership to save a few bucks each beer.

Engine House #9 on 6th Ave. is one one of my favorite brew pubs. The Ram, as mentioned, is good too.

Parkway tavern! i live like 20 miles away in burien and i still make the trip, ridiculous selection they have there. I wish it was closer to me.

The brewpub connected to the tacoma mall is pretty good... their food is great, their light beer sucks (not sure about their amber or porter) but they have a pretty good selection of beers including IIPAs and lots of belgians

Back