Chest freezer ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65chevy11

Reaction score
Wanted to know if anybody knows what size chest freezer would fit for sure 4 fermenting buckets with a little room so it's not to tight. Our summers here get really hot and i need to make alot of beer in a controled enviroment.

:rockin:

I would say trace one of your lids onto a piece of cardboard and make 4 cutouts. Take a trip to an appliance store and use the cutouts to test freezers.

I had a 15 cu footer that I'm certain would have fit 4 buckets... I used 6.5 gal carboys though and never had more than 3 in there.

Ive got the ge 14.8cf chest freezer and i got 4 buckets in there now and two startrs. Its on home depots website on sale now for $360 ish with free shippi g!

Solution: bring a bunch of bucket lids with you when you go to buy it, and see how many fit side by side in there.

Thats good to here about the GE 14.8 cf chest freezer, that was the one i was thinking on measuring.

Back